so i just got this fender standard jazz bass and I was browsing pickups for fun and i found these

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Shop-60s-JBass-Pickup-Set-?sku=301640

i was wondering how much better these are than the ones that came with mine and if its worth the upgrade

o yea, i play all kinds of music: rock, punk, bit o jazz, and other random stuff

also says Geddy Lee uses em on the fender website so thats already +1 lol
If you don't like the pickups that are in your bass, then a pickup swap would be a good idea. The Fender pickups you mention are a bit hotter than the standard version. Another good choice - if you want hot single coil Jazz pickups - is the Duncan Quarter Pounder set.
Quote by FatalGear41
If you don't like the pickups that are in your bass, then a pickup swap would be a good idea. The Fender pickups you mention are a bit hotter than the standard version. Another good choice - if you want hot single coil Jazz pickups - is the Duncan Quarter Pounder set.

+1 to SD's
Also check out the "Hot" model.
its not that i dont like the ones in it, just wondering if these would make them alot better?
Check out wizard pickups
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
thanks but im more looking for people who have used the standard and 60's pickups rather than other brands