I'm kind of guy who likes to listen to complete cds rather then single songs. When i rip the music to the computer, it can be in alphabetical order. I like to re organize it because i think the artist put it in a certain order for a reason. I feel the order of the tracks can really change the way the cd feels. Is anyone else with me on this?
....is this kid serious?
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
After starting to listen every song of some Cds... i have discovered some interesting songs, I usually get tired after 6 songs but Blood Mountain deserved to be listened from A to Z
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Well, yes...

... unless it's AC/DC.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I think just about everyone who doesn't listen to the radio (probably 95% of UG), and 99% of musicians period agree.
Quote by Kensai
Well, yes...

... unless it's AC/DC.

With AC/DC which album you're listening to doesn't even affect anything, let alone the order of the songs on it.
yeah man, the L-Dmax changes with each track, if your LD-1 is in the array position of a Delta(DD!) LD-2+max then the distortion of the sub-modular goes out of wack
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
With AC/DC which album you're listening to doesn't even affect anything, let alone the order of the songs on it.

well all of their songs are just G, A, and D in different orders.
The order of the tracks can take you on a journey, man... Assuming you aren't listening to a playlist of two singles and filler, of course.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

depends on the music.

a lot of bands these days are just "singles" bands, making a couple pre-designed hit songs and the rest of the album can be considered filler.

the more cohesive the album, the better the album is IMO
Quote by Macabre_Turtle

You can play any AC/DC song in any order and it will sound the same.
Quote by Gu1tar_guy1010
i didnt expect to have this much...well..certainty

I listen to Pink Floyd, so yes, the order of tracks matters.
I definitely agree with you on this matter. When you switch the songs up, i can completely destroy the musician's original reason for ordering it that way. Ask anyone, it definitely changes it.
Quote by yomoma21

WTF you stole this from what I posted on that AC/DC book thing!
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9
Quote by yomoma21

Woooaaaahh there, I think you're missing E!
Quote by Kensai
Well, yes...

... unless it's AC/DC.

I firmly believe that Back in Black and Highway to Hell were made to be listened to in the order they were put.

Too many AC/DC naysayers round these parts.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Yes, I think that the order of songs definitely matters. There are so many songs on albums that directly correlate with the previous and upcoming songs.
It depends on the album, and whether or not the artist really put much effort in creating a flow of emotion between the songs, rather than simply within them. One's not better than the other, but both styles exist.
I can't stand listening to an album out of order. I also hate when mp3 players put a 3 second delay between tracks. If there was meant to be a delay the artist would have put one there DAMMIT!
Honeybiscuit is here.
Fo' Sho'.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
If the record is a concept album then the order does make a significant difference. If the songs on a record are not related to each other at all and have nothing connecting the end of once song to another then order isn't to big of a deal (IMO).
Quote by GaijinFoot
yeah man, the L-Dmax changes with each track, if your LD-1 is in the array position of a Delta(DD!) LD-2+max then the distortion of the sub-modular goes out of wack

this obviously
yeah. however, frank black put out his first record with the catholics in alphabetical order just to prove that each track has to stand out on its own. and it's a fantastic album to listen to front to back.
#DTWD