So we might be moving house... And in the new house I will be getting a guitar room (as we will have four rooms lol and my wife n I only have one kid so far)

Anyway so in preparation I grabbed out from under the bed my old guitars I havent used in awhile that I would now hopefully use more in the Guitar room as they will be more on hand....

So I got out my first every electric my trustly old squire.... I then thought hell this could be an alright guitar if I change the pickups etc....

So I emailed my guitar tech dude and he recommended me the Kent Armstrong Texas single coil pickups as a good value for money up grade on the Squire single coils.....

So just after any thoughts or reviews on the pickups?

Cheers
what country are you in? that's going to affect prices, value etc.

i haven't tried the texas ones, but i have a kent armstrong high output strat neck pickup in my patrick eggle new york, and i'm not that fussed. the texas may be better, i dunno, but based on the ones i do have, i won't be buying any KAs (excepting the handwound ones wound by kent himself, which i haven't tried but which are meant to be good).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've got Kent Armstrong single coils in my strat - IMO, they are pretty good, in fact I love them.

However, they aren't the best value - I think Irongear make pickups that are easily equally good, for less money (at least they are less in the UK) I've just put an Irongear humbucker in the bridge of my strat, and it is truly excellent.
Last edited by mark_wuk at Dec 16, 2009,
yeah, i was just going to say, either irongear or tonerider are bound to be worth a look if you're in the UK (i think you can get tonerider in the US, too), as they're quite a bit cheaper than the KAs, and I've heard generally good things about them (though i haven't tried them myself).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?