Let me start off by saying I know almost nothing about amps. I have a Fender Frontman 15G and am looking into getting a Epiphone Valve Junior Head. The Fender is awful, but I always liked its speaker. Is there any way to run the Valve through the Fender's speakers without any crazy modding (read: any sort of soldering)? If not, I guess I'll have to go with the Valve combo, but I heard the speaker isn't that great. Real cabs are out of the question, since I'm working on a very limited budget.

Thanks in advance.
well no you couldnt just use the speaker with out souldering it to a jack and the ohms would have to match. but the speaker in the frontman isnt going to be any better the the valve speaker... the valve speaker would probly sound better than the poopy practice amp speaker designed for solid state amps
Fair enough, then. I was just concerned because I heard the speakers on the Valve combo were somewhat lacking. Thanks.
I'm confused as to how you know you like the speaker in the frontman if you've never played it with another amp?
Quote by Roc8995
I'm confused as to how you know you like the speaker in the frontman if you've never played it with another amp?

I've played around with a few friends' amps and, believe it or not, the speakers on them had no punch and sounded worse than the Frontman's, which is really saying something. As I said, I know next to nothing about amps, so my opinion probably shouldn't count for much.
So you played other amps that weren't as punchy, and decided that it was due to the speaker? Why?

I'm really intrigued as to why you thought it was the speaker. People tend to be better than they should be at hearing individual parts of the sound, and I have no idea why. I'd think it would be impossible to tell whether it was the speaker or the amp, but you singled out the speaker. This fascinates me.
Quote by Roc8995
So you played other amps that weren't as punchy, and decided that it was due to the speaker? Why?

I'm really intrigued as to why you thought it was the speaker. People tend to be better than they should be at hearing individual parts of the sound, and I have no idea why. I'd think it would be impossible to tell whether it was the speaker or the amp, but you singled out the speaker. This fascinates me.

This.
Quote by Roc8995

Well, a friend brought his Peavey Vypyr 15 over and after playing it, it sounded really thin and weak, even with the bass turned up. Just for fun, we took an extra component cable I had lying around and plugged the headphone jack of the Vypyr into the Aux input of the Frontman, and it sounded a lot... meatier, I guess. That's probably how the whole idea came into my head that the speaker on the Frontman was good.
Not a horrible idea, actually. Also, searchbar. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068679 I really hope you know how to use a soldering iron. I tried something similar and failed miserably, but I suck at soldering.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
nah dude. u can do it. i've done it. all you have to do, is take the speakers in the back, and wire it into a 1/4 inch jack. any guy at guitar center will show you how, or even do it for a price.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.