Are there any overdrive pedals available that give that classic, tube-driven overdrive that Ampeg tube heads have?
ampeg makes an overdrive pedal it is fantastic! it also has a tube in it so it's real tube overdrive. i think it's only $200 so thats a bargin imo.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Emergancy Exit
ampeg makes an overdrive pedal it is fantastic! it also has a tube in it so it's real tube overdrive. i think it's only $200 so thats a bargin imo.

If i remember correctly, the "tube in a pedal" thing is just a gimmick, and really doesn't do as much as one would expect.

Like the amps with 1 pre-amp tube in them, and the rest SS.
it is definitly not a gimmick in this pedal ampeg is the real deal. as far as tube pedals being a gimick in general there are some SS pedasl that sound better then some tube pedals but there are certain tube pedals that are unquestionably awesome.

not sure about the amp part dont think ive heard of an amp that as both tue and solid state in the same chanel. ive seen amps with a solid state chanel and a tube channel and that is not really a bad thing as long as both chanels dont suck of course =)
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
The Tech 21 Sansamp VT bass... Is the best thing that has happened to bass in a very long time. I'm just waiting for them to put ou a 3 channel programmable version, just like they did for the original BDDi
Baaaaaaazz
Quote by budget bassist
yeah what he said ^ supposedly a very good pedal

it is i am GASing for one but it costs a fair bit and i just bought a BC rich impulsively. this might be my next bit of kit my GAS list is so far removed now
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
You should go with the VT Bass, it sounds fantastic. You wont be dissapointed.

And try to avoid pedals with tubes in them. Like Whitenihilist said earlier its a gimmick; something to put on the box. They'll sound the same as an overdrive with the same design only with the tubes swapped out for transistors. The real tube overdrive comes from the whole system of pre-amp tubes, power-amp tubes and the transorfmers working together.

Don't believe the hype about tube pedals just get the VT bass.
Rickenbacker 4003
Carvin 210 Neo
Ampeg V4BH
The VT bass gets a lot of love, like everyone says. I'd check one out if you want that nice ampeg grind.
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.