Today in my music theory class I had to give a presentation of stringed instruments i.e. guitar bass and such. There were two guitarists in the room Me and the sprinting idiot listed above. AS i was talking I was going over the basics of the giutars instruction and good ol' noob tuber on the other side decided to chime in with poorly placed "yeah's" and i know "that". And when I demonstrated a pinched harmonic no matter how thoroughly I explained how to do it and what they are called he would still say that they are just high pitched"pig squeals". The point of all this is to A: Vent about this specimen of guitar failure and to B: ask you if you have had to deal with the same thing?
Metal? Jazz? Metal AND Jazz
Jackson DXMG
Jackson JS30RR
Peavey 5150 Combo 2x12(Loudest 2x12 ever)
Boss Noise Suppressor
CFH Wah
Jackson Demmelition King V(I wish)
cruel glory, bro.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by flyingcheckmark
Today in my music theory class I had to give a presentation of stringed instruments i.e. guitar bass and such. There were two guitarists in the room Me and the sprinting idiot listed above. AS i was talking I was going over the basics of the giutars instruction and good ol' noob tuber on the other side decided to chime in with poorly placed "yeah's" and i know "that". And when I demonstrated a pinched harmonic no matter how thoroughly I explained how to do it and what they are called he would still say that they are just high pitched"pig squeals". The point of all this is to A: Vent about this specimen of guitar failure and to B: ask you if you have had to deal with the same thing?

You fail at one of the most basic principles of having a guitar

being able to spell out guitar.

But seriously, I have no douchebags like that. Their is one that is super awesome at guitar but won't throw it in your face, and one who thinks Kurt Cobain was the greatest technical guitar player that ever lived, but knows when he is wrong.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
ABCD.
W/e.
Talking about douchebags,
I had music class in school, and I was standing up, and the teacher called my name like 5 times and I just responded "what do you want!?!?" and she said "Get out of my class."
then she told me that i have to take a test to approve the semester or she will fail me the rest of the year. so, i do it, pretty easy shit, like name that cord and arpeggios and stuff,
and then she says "It's pretty surprising you knew C, since all you listen to is that horrible
sounds you call music. And those drums, they're not music sweetie, you're just banging stuff to garbage cans." She was saying like she wanted me to give her a reason to **** me up, but I couldn't care less about her opinion. As we were leaving, my sister said
"Pinshi maetra estupida."
NRANNHLEILR
OETYSI LRNYS
TATOENYSGM
HLENEGMNRA
IL RENRAOET
NYSCOETTAT
GMAATATHLE

To me. Try, you know you want to^

Puberty
Quote by Will Swanson
I was surprised the first time I came. It shot two feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing.
should have had him explain the rest of the presentation since he knew it all so well

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by JacobLampman

That has nothing to do with owning a guitar. Don't talk out your ass, please.

TS, I hate those kind of people as well, but you sound like you need to chill out a bit. Sure that person may be a wee bit thick, but it's no skin off your nose.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I don't know shit about theory, I just starting learning. I also haven't memorized chords and I can't read music yet. I guess I'm a douchebag, but I'm not running wild. I'm shamelessly self taught. You guys should tell me what a shitty guitarists I am. Do it now.
Quote by slipknot5678
I don't know shit about theory, I just starting learning. I also haven't memorized chords and I can't read music yet. I guess I'm a douchebag, but I'm not running wild. I'm shamelessly self taught. You guys should tell me what a shitty guitarists I am. Do it now.

Do you thrive off of disappointment and rejection?

hmmm.... I personally consider myself a lesser guitarist because I'm unable to understand much of the theory of what I'm playing and consequently my improvisation suffers.
Quote by slipknot5678

Your so much shit that you sound like your purposely cranking out all these harmonics when your playing smoke on the water on one string.
And also, You are a shitty guitarist.
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Quote by KTFM
Do you thrive off of disappointment and rejection?

hmmm.... I personally consider myself a lesser guitarist because I'm unable to understand much of the theory of what I'm playing and consequently my improvisation suffers.

Improvising and writing songs is the ONLY thing I'm actually good at. I'm a rythym guitarists, but I don't like to solo anyway, except for classical, jazz, and latin, some blues and metal. Other than that I like playing riffs more, as long as I don't end up just backing up the lead guitarist. I still stand out and play good, I guess.

Oh and thank you^^^^. Maybe I will stop teaching myself and finally take lessons like a normal person.

But I'm way better than what you said, I'm actually a guitarists, I just don't know theory, and I can't read music. That's why you need to flame me.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by JacobLampman

But seriously, I have no douchebags like that. Their is one that is super awesome at guitar but won't throw it in your face, and one who thinks Kurt Cobain was the greatest technical guitar player that ever lived, but knows when he is wrong.

You fail at one of the most basic principles of the English language:

Being able to differentiate "their" from "there".
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Quote by slipknot5678
Improvising and writing songs is the ONLY thing I'm actually good at. I'm a rythym guitarists, but I don't like to solo anyway, except for classical, jazz, and latin, some blues and metal. Other than that I like playing riffs more, as long as I don't end up just backing up the lead guitarist. I still stand out and play good, I guess.

Oh and thank you^^^^. Maybe I will stop teaching myself and finally take lessons like a normal person.

But I'm way better than what you said, I'm actually a guitarists, I just don't know theory, and I can't read music. That's why you need to flame me.

your welcome.
and me and you are exactly on the same level.
except my rig is a piece.
Of shit.
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Quote by slipknot5678

aw hell bro i dont know a whole lot of theory either but i stil play good im actually in the process of teaching myself theory once you get the basics down its simple. as for the reading music problem dude i can write what i play down on paper in music notation but you lay a sheet of music in front of me and say play it and im ****ed lol it takes me about an hour to decipher four bars its quite strange actually.

but i have known assholes like that nothing you can really do about it people are just douchebags.
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
Quote by slipknot5678

No because this thread is not about you.
You should've just made up shit and see if he agreed. And if he pointed out that there is no such thing/that you are wrong you either a) tel him to shut the fu*k up and don't interupt your presentation or b) simply argue with him for the sake of causing the douche bag to rage while you bask in the lulz
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by ZanasCross
1st grade up through 5th grade, the cool kids always sat in the back of the bus, so I never understood why Black people were so upset, I thought we were telling them they were cool.
Quote by slipknot5678

You really have a weird self-esteem lowering fetish going on. Always see you in the threads doing that. Any reason for that or do you just enjoy it. Sorry to be off topic for the TS.
I hate people who talk about things just to show off and they think they know a lot about things when they don't.
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by btones
He just wants us to go "Awww, no you're not, here let us fellate your self esteem."

Exactly my thought. Hate that guy and guys like that.

OT: We have a whole guitar class like that full of douchebags.
In my guitar class I have a kid who claims to be a guitar god but can not play even the most basic song. We have a book of songs that are like 80 bpm and only on 4 strings we have to play out of and he struggles to keep up. Sadly my teacher likes to "have me help him" which craters my grade since she grades everyone in the group the same and no matter how much I tell him to just play quieter he just plays louder.
Just remember you do not sound any better with your guitar on 11 compared to on 2. If you suck just accept it.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W