Me and my band are trying to record a song and we're doing it one instrument at a time. The way we're doing the drums now is micing them with 4 mics in different sections one the drum set and have all the makes running into a PA amp with a line out to the computer. The problem with this is that it's too loud for the computer and makes the speakers distort and makes the entire track sound like crap.

So what are some good ways to record drums with good quality?

And no, we don't have drum mics or anything like that. We're just recording out of my garage and going zero budget.
what mics do you have? and do you have an interface? or just in the mic in on your comp?
Sounds like you need to turn down your mic levels before the signal reaches the computer, so at the PA would be a good place to start. Otherwise, try pulling the mics away from the drums a bit. Should mention right now that if your mics aren't condenser mics, it's most likely gonna sound like crap no matter what you do.
hehe.. yeah.. If ur using a condenser mic.. its going to sound like crap...

maybe try adjusting the distance between the mic and the drum... I read about this in an article about drum recording...

I read it here I think...

http://homerecording.about.com/od/recordingtutorials/ss/recordingdrums.htm
Hmm, where do you have the mics positioned on the kit? That will make a lot of difference in the long run.

Also, turn it down on the PA. Thats how you're gonna get a better sound from the PA on the computer.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
If you keep using an active PA mixer as an 'interface' with your computer's built in sound card, it's going to sound like absolute garbage. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your mics are mediocre stage mics at best, and not really meant for recording (unless by some miracle you have an SM57 or two). Sure, there are some minor adjustments you can make that will produce a recognizable drum track, but ultimately with no budget you're gonna have crappy sound. End of story.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Okay. Let me get this right.

You have no drum mics, and zero budget......

With no preamp and A/D converter meant for recording you are going to have some GREAT fun!

At the point, you dont have a good drum room, and your sound is going to be crap either way.

I would almost suggest just triggering the entire kit and going from there.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.