Are PRS SE 24's good with metal, like drop b tunings and a little dive bombing? I'm thinking of buying one or an ibanez xiphos. I'm looking for something better than an ibanezS470dxqm(not that they're bad)
There are much more suited guitars out there, to be honest. What exactly is wrong with the Ibby you've got?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Nothings wrong with it, I just don't have it anymore and want something that is similar or better. I really like to have the washburn wm526 but its abou 3 k now and I'm looking for 600 to 800 dollar guitar
Dusty uses one on the BTBAM Colors DVD. Prob a pickup swap but i dont know for sure.
Whether or not it can do metal relies mostly on your amp.
in what way do u want something better then the ibanez ...

I think the prs has a vintage trem so u sorta cant do divebombs the same as on a floyd ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I don't want bolt on neck, shitty pickup selector, and want good pickups, which I'll just buy those
Right you are. I think it's the Washburn X series guitars which are great value. You should take a look into them, if they're the ones I'm thinking of. I would look for you but I'm at work and the internet is very limited.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by TJ_Blanchard
the esp is sweet guitar, I've just never played any. But I was at an awesome price!

I bought the MH-1000 without the trem and it's by far the most comfortable guitar I've ever played.

Before I bought it, I had no way of trying it. None of the stores around carry them. But I bought it blindly and I couldn't be happier it's amazing. Best value for the price. It's got a thin neck that's not toothpick-ish (ahem, Ibanez...) and perfect access to high frets.

If you have any opportunity to try one, do it.

Quote by TJ_Blanchard
what's the diffrence between the SE and Custom?

The PRS SE is to PRS Custom as Epiphone is to Gibson Custom Shop, if that answers your question.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Last edited by Jsteele1408 at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by Jsteele1408
The PRS SE is to PRS Custom as Epiphone is to Gibson Custom Shop, if that answers your question.

Not really it would be more like PRS SE to PRS Custom is Epiphone to Gibson Standard. If you wanted to include the Gibson Custom Shop then that would be like PRS Private Stock*

*Not saying this with regards to quality wise but just a point of reference as to how the models differ.

And ts what type of bridge do you want? Maybe you could be the first UG'er to buy that new SE Torero model.