Recently I decided to record some of the songs I've written and i'm looking for a little feedback on them. They're in my profile (high flyer, sleep, and blue). I know the recording quality (and my voice ha) could use a little work. Just wondering if I could get some opinions. Thanks in advance
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
sorry to bump my own thread but i could really use some feedback
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
if you really want feedback, you could always crit someone else's stuff and ask them to return the favor. lot more helpful than bumping! that being said, having listened to "sleep" i did enjoy it a lot actually. the guitar tone was nice, much better than I expected, and your voice is actually quite nice too. In key, and though not flashy at all, it does what it does very well.
the song itself is well written, though not the MOST interesting song ever, of course. that's probably more a stylistic thing. Good work man.

and on the topic of c4c, i've got a thread floating around too if you wanna get me back.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22618929#post22618929
Haha sorry i guess i should've been more patient. Thanks for the feedback though
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Thanks for checking out my song. I really like your stuff, I'll always love acoustic guitar music. You're songs are simple and very mellow, reminds me of Iron and Wine. The guitar tone and your voice go together quite nicely, one suggestion would be to maybe add some compression to your voice to make it stick out a little more because the guitar and vox are kind of in the same frequency range and this makes a bit of a muddy sound. I used to have the same problems with my acoustic songs until I learned a few tricks to solve this. Also, a little reverb would add nicely to your vocals.

If you have the time, you should check out a song i wrote with my mostly acoustic band I had a while back, it's called Voted Off the Island. It was about a year ago that I recorded it and I've gotten a lot better at mixing etc. since then but I'd like to know what you think.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Last edited by imdwalrus at Dec 20, 2009,
Ya i like all of them, they have really great guitar tones, only thing is i would say you need to either turn your voice a lot louder or sing louder. In high flyer it seems like you sing the same melody over and over, maybe think of a higher one if you can and make it a sort of chorus and put more emphasis on it. I think that would help to keep it more interesting. Other than that it sounds really good, but i agree maybe make your voice stick out more, some reverb and turn it much louder and maybe get some higher notes in there for say a chorus just so people get more into it at parts or something i mean thats just a comment, even if you just turn it up it will still be good.
thanks for the comments guys. I know the vocals are a bit quiet, but the songs weren't done to perfection and it was done with only one mic. thanks for the crits anyways
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Hey there man, thanks for listening to my stuff.

I took a listen to these three songs, pretty nice. I like Sleep the best.

I agree with Arby, the vocals need to be brought out a bit, and there are simple things you could do to vary the vocal melody to make the songs a lot more interesting.

If you want, check out the other song in my profile "will you go?". It's an original and from hearing yours, you might like it.

Peace!