I'm looking for a guitar that has:

- An Alder body
- HSS (preferrably), HSH or HH configuration
- A locking trem system (if not, then a non-locking trem is acceptable. It can't have a fixed bridge.)
- Looking in the price range of preferably under $500, but I could possibly go to $600.
- I'm not looking for a Fender or a Squire. I can't stand the way they look. (The catch of it all haha)
- Some kind of inlay or no inlay at all would be much preferred, but if not dots are acceptable. (Built on top of the no Fender/squire thing above. I'm very picky with aesthetics.)

I've browsed guitar center.com, but I haven't been able to find something with these particular stats.

Thanks in advance =)

EDIT: Some things I forgot:
- It's not really the Fender shape per se that I hate, my favorite shape is super strat, I just hate the whole black body white pickguard thing, and I hate the way the unpainted headstock looks.
- I would prefer something with 24 frets, but 22 is grudgingly acceptable.
Last edited by Offworld92 at Dec 15, 2009,
Are you willing to waver on the Alder body?
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by Jsteele1408
Are you willing to waver on the Alder body?

No, that's kind of the point of wanting a new guitar... I basically want something that sounds like a Fender, but doesn't look or feel like one.

Quote by stephen_rettie
jackson dinky?

Yeah, I actually just stumbled on those a minute ago. That's an option, I've never really been a fan of Jackson, but if no one else brings up anything else I will look into them.
Quote by Offworld92
No, that's kind of the point of wanting a new guitar... I basically want something that sounds like a Fender, but doesn't look or feel like one.

Yeah, I actually just stumbled on those a minute ago. That's an option, I've never really been a fan of Jackson, but if no one else brings up anything else I will look into them.

Does this mean that u would prefer a thicker neck ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
Does this mean that u would prefer a thicker neck ...

No, just the opposite. I'm a big fan of Wizard II necks and anything similar if it helps.
Quote by stephen_rettie
jackson dinky?

Edit: there is an edit button for a reason ^

+1 on this, nothing feels like a dinky. <3

edit: The necks on these are quick as hell.
Digital Distribution sucks.
Last edited by Seani3 at Dec 15, 2009,
Quote by Seani3
+1 on this, nothing feels like a dinky. <3

edit: The necks on these are quick as hell.

This is the only thing in my price range I've found http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-Jackson-RR3-Rhoads-Pro-Series-Electric-Guitar--2008-Model--103632931-i1147605.gc

What are your opinions?

EDIT: Or this one, I actually like it a lot more (trans red finish)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-WRXT-Warrior-Electric-Guitar-868381-i1446080.gc
Last edited by Offworld92 at Dec 16, 2009,
Quote by ethan_hanus
LTD MH 1000 series or something to that effect, to spaced out to look it up right now.

Nope. I was gonna recommend the MH series, but apparently he's dead set on an Alder body.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by Offworld92
This is the only thing in my price range I've found http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-Jackson-RR3-Rhoads-Pro-Series-Electric-Guitar--2008-Model--103632931-i1147605.gc

What are your opinions?

EDIT: Or this one, I actually like it a lot more (trans red finish)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-WRXT-Warrior-Electric-Guitar-868381-i1446080.gc

Go for the second, the only thing the rhodes has over it are the pups, and even then-- not a huge difference.

Better floyd, 2 more frets.
Digital Distribution sucks.
How about these:

DK2M Dinky (Trans Black/Snow White)
DKMG Dinky (Satin Black/Metallic Black/Black Forest)
WRMG Warrior

You will have to settle for the finishes I mentioned in the parentheses if you want to get these under $600.
Quote by Seani3
Go for the second, the only thing the rhodes has over it are the pups, and even then-- not a huge difference.

Better floyd, 2 more frets.

They both use the same type of floyd rose bridge...
Quote by deluded_reality

+1
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.