I've posted a couple of threads on here about all of the troubles with my Champ and I finally got them worked out. So as a heads up for anyone else that has a Silverface champ or any other silverface amp for that matter, here's what happened with it. I had to go through a good deal of money since no one I knew could help me with this and I couldn't find any info on it online so I hope this helps anyone.

-First of all, the caps were shot. But that's pretty common.
-Secondly, the tubes were going. Once again, common and obvious.
-Thirdly and not so obviously, the wire harness was failing. For some reason the harnesses on some of the champs were pretty weak to begin with so if your amp is cutting out, that may well be part of the problem.
-Lastly, the speaker driver was shot. The speakers they put in most of the post 1970 silverface champs were trash and if you drive them too hard they tend to fail. If you get a champ I'd recommend swapping out the speaker ASAP.

So for about $200, labor included I got a new wire harness which was cheap, new tubes (rectifier, pre and power), new caps, and lastly a new eminence legend 8inch 4Ω speaker. I still wish the speaker had a little more bottom end so I'm going to try to construct a 2x10 or 2x12 cab in the near future.

Quality video done with an SM57. Pure amp, no pedals, fx, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZng7cZ0tNs
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
dude, its a champ. crank the little thing. also, that would sound a lot better with a reverb pedal thrown in front of it.
Quote by RHCPFitz
dude, its a champ. crank the little thing. also, that would sound a lot better with a reverb pedal thrown in front of it.

I do crank it? And yeah, I left my adapter at college, so I'm without a reverb pedal for the moment.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712