Anyone using this MFX for the tube amps? Mainly interested in the reverb/delay.

How is it ? Does it lose tone when used with a tube amp ?

This is a good way to get cheap delay/reverb effects but I am a bit concerned about the 31.25 sampling rate even though the manual said it's a 24-bit da/ad dsp.
bit-rate and sampling rate are not the same thing. Most recording technology records at a standard of 41.1 KHz at 24 bits. I don't know how to explain the difference, but they ARE different.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
bit-rate and sampling rate are not the same thing. Most recording technology records at a standard of 41.1 KHz at 24 bits. I don't know how to explain the difference, but they ARE different.

Yes, but the korg ax3g and ax5g doesn't do 40++ khz at 24 bits, but 31.25 khz at 24 bits. Would it affect the tone/harmonics if you use just the reverb of the pedal for your amp?
Where are you getting one? They've been discontinued for quite a while. According to the specs it's fine. But the specs are not nearly as important as the modeling. It's been a long time since I had mine and thought it was good for the price. You really need to try it for yourself. I've heard digital reverbs I've liked and others didn't.
Quote by fly135
Where are you getting one? They've been discontinued for quite a while. According to the specs it's fine. But the specs are not nearly as important as the modeling. It's been a long time since I had mine and thought it was good for the price. You really need to try it for yourself. I've heard digital reverbs I've liked and others didn't.

Actually I already have it but realized that even in bypass mode, the level/volume can still be tweaked to adjust the output level. Bought it from a year end sale near a store in my area, mainly to use as headphone amp.

In the ax3g full bypass mode, the tuner is always on and i can sense some harmonic loss/tone suck compared to plugging directly into the ac4tv.

How I tested is I do a pinch harmonic in clean amp (volume below 12) and without the pedal,I could easily achieve this.

With the pedal even in bypass mode or slight reverb, the pinch harmonic is not so pronounced even with the levels/volume all up and noise reduction all turned off.
Quote by sfx
Yes, but the korg ax3g and ax5g doesn't do 40++ khz at 24 bits, but 31.25 khz at 24 bits. Would it affect the tone/harmonics if you use just the reverb of the pedal for your amp?

I realize this. All I was doing was making the point that sample rate and bit rate do not affect each other.

You could use it fine, but I really don't see why you would use a multi-effects pedal for just reverb when you could just get a nice reverb pedal.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear
I realize this. All I was doing was making the point that sample rate and bit rate do not affect each other.

You could use it fine, but I really don't see why you would use a multi-effects pedal for just reverb when you could just get a nice reverb pedal.

I bought the ax3g before the ac4tv, so i was checking to see if it would work properly or not but i have just ordered a behringer rv600 anyway.

The korg ax3g best be use wholly by itself and other effects within it. A dedicated reverb pedal might be better but then again, they are still digital units unless we pay more for the real thing...
I have one. I use it to boost my HT-5 (plugged in front of amp), modeling a blackface, AC15 & AC30TB (in front of the amp, on the clean channel), for delay/reverb/[crappy] noise gate effects (in the loop), and for emulating cabs when recording or playing plugged into a PA.

Note on modeling... they actually sound kinda crappy when plugged to an amp (except for the low gain/clean amp models), but the marshall/mesa models actually sound pretty good when plugged to a good PA and through good clean speakers. Not as good as the real stuff, but hey, this thing cost me $30 2 years ago.

Also, on the DSP ratings.... theoretically, the pedal running at 31.25Hz at 24-bits is "more than enough" for the human ear. Of course, that's not exactly true. I'd get into more detail, but being an electrical engineer candidate, I might end up writing a textbook. >_>;;

Edit: Forgot to say, I have the AX5G. And I wanna get a POD X3 Live... someday.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Last edited by Lekz at Dec 17, 2009,