I was told my voice was cracking in this. I did screaming vocals before,which killed my throat but I recorded this anyway to see how I wanted the lyrics to go(not in key or anything) I think I went a little lower after the first part of the verse. It could be my 20 dollar mic but I don't here it:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ldiablo233/music/all/play750793

acapella is above it and sounds better in my opinion.
Last edited by ldiablo233 at Dec 16, 2009,
It just doesn't sound like you're supporting your vocal chords enough. "Sit" on the notes when bridge to your head voice. And keep your vowels narrow.

*ignoring pitch*
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Last edited by stevenpollock at Dec 16, 2009,
Quote by stevenpollock
It just doesn't sound like you're supporting your vocal chords enough. "Sit" on the notes when bridge to your head voice. And keep your vowels narrow.

*ignoring pitch*

What do you mean "sit"?These have the least effort of all my recordings in terms of the note holding and such so I guess its not horrible. I know nothing about singing so I just go with what sounds ok, I'm a lot better with other's songs since its just imitation. I'm just wondering where this "cracking" is? And re you referring to the acapella as well?

Once I get it in key Melodyne will tell me if my pitch is correct.
Last edited by ldiablo233 at Dec 16, 2009,
Quote by ldiablo233
acapella is above it and sounds better in my opinion.

I think your singing over the chord progression was out of pitch at times.......that's probably why you thought it sounded better acapella.

Actually, with acapella.....the vocals really need to hit clean pitch intervals to sound good.....a flat or sharp note acapella really stands out. I think they both sounded out of pitch and forced. The voice is just like any other instrument....you need to produce proper pitch, tone and timing for it to sound good.
Quote by Afterhours
I think your singing over the chord progression was out of pitch at times.......that's probably why you thought it sounded better acapella.

Actually, with acapella.....the vocals really need to hit clean pitch intervals to sound good.....a flat or sharp note acapella really stands out. I think they both sounded out of pitch and forced. The voice is just like any other instrument....you need to produce proper pitch, tone and timing for it to sound good.

Ya I hear ya, what could I do to practice keeping it on key?