Check it out.. http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/carmour/

Me playing lead, the rest of the track arranged by Darren Watson (www.darrenwatson.com). Tried to stick pretty close to the original, but added a bit of my own in there too i think.

Bit sloppy in parts and the tones a bit thin and lost a lot of character in the recording process, but its still listenable .

Critiques.. abuse.. whatever
Quote by carmour
Check it out.. http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/carmour/

Me playing lead, the rest of the track arranged by Darren Watson (www.darrenwatson.com). Tried to stick pretty close to the original, but added a bit of my own in there too i think.

It's hard to criticise something that flows well and sounds like coherent playing (which it obviously is) as opposed to noodling.

Quote by carmour
Bit sloppy in parts and the tones a bit thin and lost a lot of character in the recording process, but its still listenable .

I didn't notice any glaring sloppyness when I listened to it a couple of times, so I don't think it caused that many problems, although I don't know where in the track this was. As for the tone I thought it went well with the backing track, maybe as you say a little thin but that's far better than when a recording is very gainy. Btw what are you playing through?

Overall, that probably doesn't help much but I guess it's a free bump

yeah i've heard claptons, its the one i heard first, but once I heard the Otis Rush original my mind was blown. So raw. But yeah, Seeing as i learned the Clapton version first it probably did come out a bit. Was tryin to keep it pretty tight with Otis Rush's feel though..

Seriously it's hard to go wrong when you've got a good singer and good track behind you. Might have to keep this one up my sleeve for a hard blues duel

Was playing on my 1960's re-issue strat (candy apple red) through a Fender HR Deville 410.. recorded through the most ghetto of ghetto computer mics that i usually use for CoD MW2 :P

Thanks for the feedback.. I find it pretty hard to be an objective judge of my own playing, so it's helpful
Last edited by carmour at Dec 17, 2009,
pffft I think I could beat you out on the ghetto mic. I once used an old pair of headphones as my computer mic. However, I haven't ever attempted anything that crazy for recording so maybe you do win