#1
About month ago i got a E4000 Westfield LP Style starter pack comes with a 10watt Stagg amp.

I learnt a few beginner solos but tone of the sound and its distortion doesnt sound how it should do. I guess this is down to the amp?

If I got a better Amp would I get a better sound to my playing?
#3
Yes, a better amp would. the way i see it, amps make up for 75% of your sound, the guitar makes up the other 25%
#4
Definitely, it's the amp. The thing with the starter pack amps is that they're pretty much the worst amps out there - the only way from that is up!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
#5
^ Those people are correct. BUT don't expect you to magically sound awesome. Your playing skills and technique are also major factors in your tone. But yeah, starter amps are the lowest of the low.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
#7
Quote by Coopy666



Well try them out if you'd like. But I would suggest either a Peavey Vypyr or a Roland Cube. A Vypyr has more tones built in, but IMO, the Roland sounds more "real."

EDIT: But if you DO get the Roland, beware; It's heavy has hell.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
#9
You cant go wrong with a Roland cube - easy to figure out and sounds amazing for its price.
#10
Roland Cube or Peavey Vypyr
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal


one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
#11
Urve only been playing for a month, even with a better amp, your eq'ing skills are still going to be low and u wont be able to achieve the sounds u want.

I would wait a little longer until you know a bit more about the direction that u want to take ur guitar playing and then pick a decent amp to suit.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a


COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.


...




#12
I'd go for the Roland Cube. best bang for your buck.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland


Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
#13
+1 on Roland Cube.

Start pack amps really are dire, depending upon the thickness of cable a better wailing lead tone could probably be acheived from taking said cable and plugging it into the anus of an unsuspecting victim.......
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
#14
Start pack amps really are dire, depending upon the thickness of cable a better wailing lead tone could probably be acheived from taking said cable and plugging it into the anus of an unsuspecting victim.......


Sigged.

EDIT: Not sigged. I really hate the character limit...
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal


one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Last edited by FrustratedRocka at Dec 16, 2009,