right so since i got a new guitar, and a new amp,now is the time for effects. i've got two choices, a wah pedal or a effects box. this is my first time getting an effects box so please help me out here,if you guys think that i should get something else,then tell me. either a wah-pedal or an effects box like zoom G-series.
budget
current gear
band or no
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I warmly recommend the Boss Me-20. It's dirt cheap but very high quality, versatile and sounds absolutely great, no matter what you plug it into. If you have more money to spend, check out the Me-50 and the Me-70 also, they've got more features, but trust me, in the value-for-money -ratio the Me-20 is unbeatable.

Also, I have no personal experience, but I hear that Digitech's RP series has some seriously good pedals.

The Bosses have wahs with expression pedals, as well as some of the more expensive Digitech RP pedals.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by InanezGuitars44
budget
current gear
band or no

erm..let's see...

current gear: Schecter Synyster Custom (White)
Goldea 15 watt amp

i play blues,rock,light metal. like ozzy osbourne,a7x,black label society.nickelback,black sabbath,AC/DC,Gary Moore..

i don't have a band yet,( maybe one in about one year's time)?
oh yeah i thought of something ,is there an effects box with effects AND wah in it together? i've heard of line 6 but i don't really like their sounds. how about overdrive?
oh and InanezGuitars44,budget is like less than 500 bucks? (singapore buck btw)
Quote by gisobon
erm..let's see...

current gear: Schecter Synyster Custom (White)
Goldea 15 watt amp

i play blues,rock,light metal. like ozzy osbourne,a7x,black label society.nickelback,black sabbath,AC/DC,Gary Moore..

i don't have a band yet,( maybe one in about one year's time)?

Why do you sound so much like another n00b we just flamed off UG 2 months back?

Here's what you need

http://soft.com.sg/forum/guitar-efx-buy-sell/160699-wts-line-6-pod-xt-live.html

http://soft.com.sg/forum/guitar-efx-buy-sell/160836-wts-zoom-g2-1-u-price-lowered.html

http://soft.com.sg/forum/guitar-efx-buy-sell/160723-wts-boss-gt-8-a.html

Try to go for the Line 6 XT Live if possible
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty

LOLOLOLOLOL .. line 6? i heard the sound off the website,the wah sounds a little,i don't know, too mechanical?
ragin kitty, any reason why i should go for the line 6? the zoom and boss sounds alright but line 6,i ain't too sure.
Last edited by gisobon at Dec 16, 2009,
Line 6 is the present mass market leader when it comes to modelling amps and cabs.

What do you expect? Did you want the pedal to wash, clean and cook? That's the nature of multiFX... they do some stuff well... and some stuff... pretty meh.

The Zoom often sounds digital to me... whereas the Boss GT8 has pretty meh amp models. Line 6 is your best bet.

However, what I would recommend is that you buy individual pedal, so that when you change amps, you'll be able to use those pedals again. MultiFX tend to end up in the attic, under a coating of dust.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
how much is that pod? i know city music sells line 6 stuff,but i ain't sure they sell those pods.oh btw,can anyone walk into a store and ask to try the pedals and effects box out?

and i try not to buy used stuff.
oh yeah and i wanna get an multi effects box with tuners and metronome built in together.is there such a thing?
DOOD USE THE EDIT BUTTON! Don't double post

Yes you can walk into the store and try the stuff and not buy it.

Yes City Music sells the Pods. In fact they're on sale now.

Not sure about the metronome, but multiFX come with tuners.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
haha sorry.i really hope there's one with a metronome. sheesh..thanks anyway.

I love Schecter