I recently bought a LTD V-500 and something i have noticed is that its pinch harmonics just dont scream as i would imagine them to. It has EMG 81 in the bridge and neck so i dont think its a pick up problem. Ive tried changing the battery which didnt help, and i raised the pickup height abit that helped a very minimal amount. Through the same amp ive used other guitars with relatively lower outpout pickups then mine and pinch harmonics come out fine.

The pinches do come out, but they arent very loud and sound pretty weak and lack sustain. I tried out a Schecter blackjack with blackouts which had great sustain and scream to them. But yea with the quality of the guitar and the pickups im just wondering what i could do to make them scream as they should with the quality it is. Is it a acton problem? maybe the neck needs a readjustment? im using 10-52 gauge and dont say its my technique, i can do them on every other guitar ive played.
maybe it's the amp..you didn't say anything about the amp.do you use overdrive? with the blackjack i mean.
you said what gauge, but how old are the strings? If you haven't restrung it, they might just be dead.
ESP Eclipse (in snow white)
Orange Tiny Terror
Did you turn the volume fully up on the guitar?

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Do you feel a difference in string tension when comparing the Schecter and the Ltd?
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
check the batteries for the EMGS, if the batteries are dying that would explain it. plus, since EMGs are active pups as opposed to passive, i think you may need to give them a tad more gain or distortion or whatever to get the full effect than you would with passives. i don't really remember too well honestly, i only use my one guitar that has EMGs, i haven't played the others in ages, so my amp is set up for that one guitar, which is an LTD with a EMG 81-x in the bridge and 60-x in the neck.
gear:
jackson kelly w/EMG 81's
fernandes revolver pro w/ seymour duncan and bare knuckle
ltd m-100fm w/ swineshead x-buckers
ltd kh-202 w/ EMG x-series 60 and 81
crate flexwave 120 combo amp
B.C. Rich JRV7 7-string(in the mail)
its the guitar with the active pickups, what i mean is, you know on a guitar with passive pickups there are like better places on the string to get out haronics, some places you pick and they are louder, thats due to the magnetic feild of the pick ups. the actives dont create magnetic feild so try experamenting with picking in different places.. i had the same problem with a mate of mine who went from a rg to a ltd eclips with actives.

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Quote by XSamX
my iron cross screams like a bitch

Pics or liez.

And no idea about the PH mate I guess you would just need to keep on playing them like ZW until you find something.
Fret buzz is killing your pinches, and your sustain.

Get your guitar properly setup, as a once off, by a reputable guitar tech. They will level any uneven frets (common) that are interfering, and will improve your action as well.
Pinch harmonic problems are due to technique mostly, like said previously try doing your pinches in different positions along the string, also check how you are holding your pick, you should be holding it with the end of the pick slightly petruding from the side of your thumb.

Also the new guitar may have a lower setup, the higher the action, the easier it is to land harmonics.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by Banana Wedgie
What did its voice break?

yeah yeah i meant lower action

But generally it is true, lower action = harder to land harmonics.
My BC Rich warlock has a horrible high action, but i get harmonics all over the place by accident, they sound like pants, but i get them.

Ibanez i have the action insanely low as i play with a very light touch, and getting harmonics is a precision operation, took a while to get used too!
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
I have a graphic series Redburn, and it screams like a banshee. Must be your pinch style, some pickups have different sweet spots to pinch. For example, I have to change my pinch style when I switch to my Blackouts.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Pics or liez.

You can take a pic of sound?
Let me see the camera that can do that.
Quote by headbangerbuggy
That is the most incomprehensible post I have ever seen. LEARN TO GRAMMAR.

Quote by steven seagull
Then it IS blues, just angrier, louder and more pissed off
Quote by Wayne637
You can take a pic of sound?
Let me see the camera that can do that.

Was more talking about the iron cross bit. But yes I'm sure you can take a picture of sound if not well the internet probably has a way to do it.
Raise your string height, lower the pickups drastically, refine your technique. If your guitar is set up for best playing response and your pickups are set for best clarity - and of course if your technique is any good - you should be able to get pinch harmonics screaming out of the neck pickup with ease, let alone the bridge pickup.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Lacking with YOUR LTD. Every LTD I've ever played I could pinch like Zakk Wylde.
Thanks for all the replies so far. My amp is a bugera 333xl, ive tried other guitars with it and pinch harmonics came out really well. I guess ill just try to get it set up abit better.
Just checking but you are using the bridge pickup correct? that's where they ring out best usually. If you are, than try raising the string height maybe a half turn on each saddle and see how that goes.
Belive me im doing all the basic things such as using bridge pickup, volume turned up and such haha. But yea ill try a changing my string height.
Quote by Slayer_ZV
Belive me im doing all the basic things such as using bridge pickup, volume turned up and such haha. But yea ill try a changing my string height.

It mostly probably comes down to a technique issue then by the looks of it, since it's possible to get pinches on an acoustic:p (not saying they sound good but they're there xD)