okay so i want a bc rich for my next guitar. i was looking at them and im unsure of which one i really want. I was looking at the Revenge Warlock and people seem to like it but its way to cheap (pricewise) for me to believe that anythingg ood can come from buying it. is it an entry level guitar or something or is it just an affordable model? anyways im thinkin bout either getting that or the warlock IT. are there any flaws about it or reasons i shouldnt get it? and any recomendations can help also.
When buying a B.C. Rich guitar, remember that if it's a rosewood fretboard or just plain bolt-on, it's probably crap. Do not go Metal Master, and don't get something with a weird looking pickguard, trust me you'll learn to regret it.

Welcome to the world of B.C. Rich.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Dont buy a platinum either, those are crap......

If its agathis, dont buy it.
Nato/Mahogany
Maple.
Then it might be ok.
Pickups generally suck too.....
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
I really despise the Warlocks. Even the high end ones sound terrible to me.

Get a BC Rich Mockingbird.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
The Mockingbird ST is the probably their best guitar which is not customshop or something.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Vince Sixx
When buying a B.C. Rich guitar, if it's a BC Rich guitar, it's probably crap. Do not go BC Rich, and don't get something with a BC Rich pick guard, trust me you'll learn to regret it.

Welcome to the world of B.C. Rich.

Fix'd. I seriously do not recommend BC Rich's metal department, if you have to buy something go mockingbird.
Ok you cannot go wrong with a WMD Son of Beast. It's an amazing guitar bro.
Put this in your signature if you've ever saved a child.

Yea thats what i thought.
USA BC Rich has some things to recommend it. Their designs, electronics and fixed bridges are unique, some would say in a good way.

The imports, well, I think they're style over substance to a large degree. I guess the higher end ones are OK>
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by JDbbx
I only follow other peoples opinions and can't think for myself. All I do is jump on the bandwagon.
Fix'd.

Honestly, with BC Rich, the low end sucks. Mid range and especially the high-end guitars are well built, play well, and sound great.
if you want a good guitar and not to spend a fortune look at the Masterpiece series. the Bich and Mockingbird are both real nice guitars. the necks are bolt on and they are made of agathis which some will say is bad but i disagree. the pickups are the best but will do until you can get better. i agree that most low end BCR's are crap but the Masterpiece series is an exception. even the hardcore BCR guys on their forum give them a pass which is more htan i can say about most of the other cheaper models.
are you sure you don't want to spend a little $150 more for this beauty?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Classic-Deluxe-Eagle-512698-i1322806.gc

It has EVERYTHING you will ever need (seeing as you don't want a tremolo) AND it's extremely sexy. If you can get the extra cash, do it, and buy this guitar.
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
Last edited by DarkLordArthur at Dec 16, 2009,
Last edited by deluded_reality at Dec 16, 2009,
As a previous Warlock owner I can advise there are SO MANY better guitars than that out there. Cool looks are no substitute for crappy tone.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Fix'd.

Honestly, with BC Rich, the low end sucks. Mid range and especially the high-end guitars are well built, play well, and sound great.

****in-A, beat me to it.

@TS - Either spend the $699 on a higher up bc rich or get the IT warlock and change the pickups.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
hey i got one question xD

amm what do you think is better a bc rich ASM pro or a schecter v-1 FR ATX??

plzz send me a mail or something
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-SE-Warlock-IT-Electric-Guitar?sku=512172

or don't get a BC Rich.

*if you do get the IT Warlock, change out the pickups.

I agree with this guy.
Quote by Ishiga
****in-A, beat me to it.

@TS - Either spend the $699 on a higher up bc rich or get the IT warlock and change the pickups.

i made up my mind im definitly gona get the IT warlock unless something changes my mind but are the pickups in it really that bad? and what should i replace them with?
You want to buy an NJ series or above. I have several BC Rich guitars some bolt on some set necks and a neck thru they all are great. With the lower end BC Rich guitars you can find one here and there that is decent. My kids Warlock I bought him for his first guitar that was part of a starter pack is amazing. He uses it all the time it's his favorite and he could have just about any guitar out there. I buy and sell all the time I have come across some guitars i was surprised he turned down. As far as pick ups go newer BC Rich guitars in the mid to high range have Rockfield pups and IMO they rock. I do not think the old BDSM pick ups were all that bad. I usually remove them and wax pot them which improves the 100% as far as feedback goes. I used to have specs on them and they are pretty high out put for stock pups.

Your best bet is to go out and play a few and see what works for you after all it's personal preference when it comes right down to it. I have a Warbeast that I got and I love it. I don't know what series it is because it doesn't say on it and I can't find the exact model anywhere. I got at Musicians Friend dirt cheap it was supposed to be a blem but I never found a problem with it.

John
I can sell you mine.

Check it out in my sig.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by gisobon
so what are the pros and cons of a B.C.Rich? is there any B.C.Rich guitar that looks like the shape of a Dean Razorback?

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/f22a3aa5e34bf4779de4a20e31361568.jpg

Like this baby here.

I doubt it, I would hope only Dean were stupid enough to make a guitar in that shape
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Riffofthebeast
what is wrong with the pickups in it? and yeah i think im gona get this one but is there anything i should know about it? how does the neck feel?
The pickups IMO sound terrible. Really muddy, and just an un-desirable tone.

If you do change out the pickups, it would be a much better sounding guitar IMO, though that also depends on how good your amp is too.

I like the neck on the IT Warlock (yes I've tried it), but you may not. When it comes to necks, it's all opinion.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I doubt it, I would hope only Dean were stupid enough to make a guitar in that shape
+1
If you're gonna get a b.c. rich, go with something used pre-1990. I don't know what they did different back then, but the old ones sound WAY better.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Quote by gisobon
so what are the pros and cons of a B.C.Rich? is there any B.C.Rich guitar that looks like the shape of a Dean Razorback?

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/f22a3aa5e34bf4779de4a20e31361568.jpg

Like this baby here.

The Ironbird shape looks a lot like the Razorback, and has existed since the '80s. Trey Azagthoth from Morbid Angel plays one, and seems to like it.

You know what cracks me up? Every time BC Rich is mentioned in a thread, the bandwagon fills up like A7X fans at the mascara counter at Neimann-Marcus. "Don't buy a cheap one", "Their shapes are *insert me-too criticism here*", "This kid at my school has one and *insert the stuff that children who preface statements with "kid at my school" referances say* and it sounds like...
What I'm getting at is: If you want to play a BC Rich, congratulations. I do, too. I have a whole bunch of them, and find the Warlock to be a very comfortable shape. Stock electronics in lower-end guitars tend to have a lower sound quality than hand-wound pickups through a boutique hand-wired tube amp. I sure as hell don't want to be one of those people to asume that you're a brain-dead buffoon who needs this explained to him. That would make me a d!ck. If you buy a lower-end Warlock, and want to pick it up every day and play for hours, it will be really fun for you, and you will learn to make badass sounds through it.
Any guitar is pretty much a microphone for your voice. If you can't sing well, a PRS Private Stock isn't going to change that for you, and neither will a Bronze Warlock. You dig what I'm sayin'?
There's nothing wrong with BC Rich... my Mockingbird Special (import) has become my #1 gigging guitar, even over my LP :

Their starter guitars are just as good/ crappy as everyone else's... they're probably made in the same factory, tbh. Once you get into the mid-level instruments, BC Rich easily holds it's own or exceeds any of their competition. Hell, my Mock Special is neck-through, has an ebony fretboard, Tone-Pros & Grover hardware, and Rockfield pickups; I spent less than $400 on it (bought new through Amazon). Good luck finding ANY other name-brand guitar with those features & at that price point; not gonna happen.

At the expense of sounding like 'some old dude' (I'm 37... been playing almost 30 years), some of you have no idea the crap we had to put up with for 'affordable' guitars years ago. You either spent hundreds on a Fender or Gibson or bought some plywood POS with mile-high action for slightly less.

If you like the style & find one that plays well, then go for it.