Hey, New to this forum, and it might be a bit off topic but i really need help decided on what multitracker i should get. I've narrowed it down to the FOSTEX MR-8 MKII and the BOSS BR-600. I plan on doing some recordings at home with a few friends (Heavy metal stuff) and planning on recording the next local gig in my area by plugging everything into a mixer and putting the sound out from that into my multitracker.

So any help?
Yeah but i need it soon and i doubt id have the money quick enough. We'll see though. But thats besides the point :L

Between these 2 ones what is the better choice?
Quote by engraved666
Hey, New to this forum, and it might be a bit off topic but i really need help decided on what multitracker i should get. I've narrowed it down to the FOSTEX MR-8 MKII and the BOSS BR-600. I plan on doing some recordings at home with a few friends (Heavy metal stuff)

With what you tell us, any min 8 track multi-tracker should work. How did you bring it down to those 2 recorders in particular ?

and planning on recording the next local gig in my area by plugging everything into a mixer and putting the sound out from that into my multitracker.
So any help?

Considering both the MR and the BR are 2 track simultaneous recording, you don't need a multi-track recorder for that.
God... This must sound really awkward but i've decided to go for the KORG D888.
I wasnt going to get it at first cause it was pretty expensive.

It looks to be exactly what i need and i've found some really good prices for it. But just so i can sleep at night can anyone give me any positive feedback for it? Is it really as great as it seems
Quote by engraved666
Hey, New to this forum, and it might be a bit off topic but i really need help decided on what multitracker i should get. I've narrowed it down to the FOSTEX MR-8 MKII and the BOSS BR-600. I plan on doing some recordings at home with a few friends (Heavy metal stuff) and planning on recording the next local gig in my area by plugging everything into a mixer and putting the sound out from that into my multitracker.

So any help?

I did a video review of the Fostex MR8 MKII and although i feel it's an ok unit, both the Fostex and Boss have their pros and cons.

The Fostex is nice in that it has XLR inputs
however it doesn't have the drum machine that the Boss does...

In this price range you are looking at the lowest end products and so dont expect many good features or great audio quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Np_IAZL16Y

Edit,
The KORG D888 is actually a nice unit with plenty of inputs, nice choice on that one.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 16, 2009,
Well i just need to save another £100ish and ill be able to afford it, definetly looking for good sound quality so im quite confident about the KORG as iv heard alot of good reviews about it