Ok guys, I have myself a bit of a dilemma. For Xmas atm I am getting an Epiphone G400
which is quite an upgrade from my SX Stratocaster copy it seems. If I get this I will also get about $300 (Australian) spare cash from selling my old guitar (if I can) and random cash which I could then either put towards saving up for a new amp or towards pedals. Lately I have seen that it could be possible to get an Epiphone LP Standard if I pool all this into a guitar, however this would require alot of luck on the guitar selling front and would render me without any money to spend on a new amp or pedals.

So what do you guys think I should do? My current amp is a Vox Pathfinder 15r and I play lots of hard/classic rock with slash being my idol. I also very much prefer the visual appeal of the LP over the SG.
Thanks
::::::Cherry Epiphone Les Paul Standard Custom Shop With Bigsby:::::
::::::Vox AC15VR::::::
Just save your money for now, you're going to be hard pressed to find anything worth while with that kind of money.
Are you talking about selling the G-400 to get the LP or having both?
Also are you gigging?
To clear it up, I don't have G400 yet. Its between that or the LP
::::::Cherry Epiphone Les Paul Standard Custom Shop With Bigsby:::::
::::::Vox AC15VR::::::
Quote by iTim
To clear it up, I don't have G400 yet. Its between that or the LP

Oh, then it's all down to what you like better, play them both, don't just choose one because it looks "cooler", you'll more than likely regret that later, and for the love of god don't let them plug you into some huge expensive amp to try it out, try and test it on the amp you'll be using (or at least something similar). I've seen way too many greedy salesmen sell shitty guitars this way.
The LP, if you're into Slash that'll help you achieve his tone, as the SG sounds very different from the LP. Also, I think the Epi Standard LP is a better guitar altogether.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah