I want to buy a new guitar and I have a price range of about 430 USD. What I want is:
24 frets
at least one humbucker
floyd tremolo (that will stay in tune)

I play 80s-90s glam, heavy metal, hard rock, prog.
Guitar going through distortion pedals and non-tube amp 60w. I need a good distortion without too much buz and a good clean sound.

So far I found this:
Ibanez GRG270B
//i1.lelong.com.my/UserImages/Items/0808/31/MTCS2008@12.jpg">GRG270B
Ibanez RG350DX
RG350DX

suggestion? are these guitars good? tnx!
look for a second hand rg550 or something ...

The trem's are suppose to be shit on the new rg's. Being made Indonesia im not really surprised ... So its hard to say that they will stay in tune alot. However its hard to say that any trems on new guitars in that price range will be any better.

So if u want a good trem ur most likely to have to go used ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

You have a lot of options here, but don't think a FR tremolo will magically stay in tune. It's better than any non-locking tremolo, sure, but no matter how high quality the FR / Edge / Kahler or whatever it's going to be, it'll still go out of tune as you play it. The good thing with those is, that when they do go out of tune, all the strings still stay in tune in relation to each other, so even if it's not a 100% in tune, the playing will still sound OK. Or, at least, that's how it is with my Jackson with a LFR, my Ibanez with an Edge III and my friend's ESP with an OFR.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
ibanez rg321 or rga321 or rg2ex1
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Are you willing to go used?

can't go used.. i'm not from US, and buying guitar on ebay even if it is used would cost me fortune because of the taxes...

Quote by The^Unforgiven
You have a lot of options here, but don't think a FR tremolo will magically stay in tune. It's better than any non-locking tremolo, sure, but no matter how high quality the FR / Edge / Kahler or whatever it's going to be, it'll still go out of tune as you play it. The good thing with those is, that when they do go out of tune, all the strings still stay in tune in relation to each other, so even if it's not a 100% in tune, the playing will still sound OK. Or, at least, that's how it is with my Jackson with a LFR, my Ibanez with an Edge III and my friend's ESP with an OFR.

i don't need a guitar that will stay in tune like forever! just to stay in tune while i play on it and use the trem bar. tuning it once a week is not a problem here.

I found used RG370, is this good?
And about the two models I mentioned, which one is better? Would they stay in tune when I use the trem on a gig?
get an Ibanez rg4ex1 it doesn't have a floyd rose but it stays it tune nice and its only $450.
Quote by Satchboogie10
get an Ibanez rg4ex1 it doesn't have a floyd rose but it stays it tune nice and its only $450.

the point is.. I need a floyd rose..
Not sure where you are but Yakahas should be available everywhere. Have a look at their RGX-A2. From my experience these are built to last until we collide with Mars and, though the trem is not a true FR type, it does the same job and mine is perfect after 25 years.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Not sure where you are but Yakahas should be available everywhere. Have a look at their RGX-A2. From my experience these are built to last until we collide with Mars and, though the trem is not a true FR type, it does the same job and mine is perfect after 25 years.

nope.. never heard of them.. :S
Yamaha...

Btw what country are you in TS? Checkout LTDs.
Last edited by Matezma at Dec 16, 2009,
I found this too.
Peavey Vortex
Comments about it?
I checked with some of the guitar shops here, and I can only get a Peavey or an Ibanez for this price. Didn't ask for Jackson or anything else.

Now I'm looking between the Vortex and Ibanez GRG270B.
Can someone tell me more about both of them?
check out esp ltds

ltd kh-202 , ltd alexi 200, ltd mh-401 (if u can)

dont get the ibanez rg370, the Edge III tremolo is crap.
if u want ibanez get the s320/s470/s520. the ZR tremolo is one of the best tremolos.

tthe Ibanez GRG270B doesnt have a floyd rose, its just a normal tremolo like a strat's. plus its a beginner crappy guitar anyway so dont get it. dont waste ur money on crap. save up for something good.
Last edited by holycow at Dec 16, 2009,
Quote by holycow
check out esp ltds

ltd kh-202 , ltd alexi 200, ltd mh-401 (if u can)

dont get the ibanez rg370, the Edge III tremolo is crap.
if u want ibanez get the s320/s470/s520. the ZR tremolo is one of the best tremolos.

tthe Ibanez GRG270B doesnt have a floyd rose, its just a normal tremolo like a strat's. plus its a beginner crappy guitar anyway so dont get it. dont waste ur money on crap. save up for something good.

hmmm.. i have seen a 270, it has a floyd double locking tremolo...
You are probably talking about the 170DX, that one is without FR and it goes out of tune very easy, a friend of mane has it...
Last edited by BrainCrasher at Dec 16, 2009,
Here ya go.

http://www.ravenwestguitar.com/

Just take a glance....
RavenWest 1000Q/Schecter neck
ibanez RG3EXFM1 /Dimarzio Evolution
Martin Stinger ST-4 /Kona Strat neck
Martin Stinger ST-2
Squire DG-9 acoustic
Jay Turser JT Slimmer
Bugera 333
2x12 homemade cab