Hello all this is my first topic, and i would like to ask one thing.

when i read a chord, its said for example "A" or "Em" above the lyrics of the song am learning..

i know the chords, but i want to know the strumming pattern of it..
so can any1 tell me how to know the strumming pattern?

Thanks alot fellas
usually, you can't tell the strumming pattern unless you are familiar with the song...listen to the songs on youtube or something to get the timing and the strumming pattern.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
It's a pain to write the strumming pattern out in tab form....just listen to the song and you'll get the hang of it. Most of the time it goes along with the beat of the song pretty closely, so start there.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by lildude_6859
usually, you can't tell the strumming pattern unless you are familiar with the song...listen to the songs on youtube or something to get the timing and the strumming pattern.

This.

Listening to the song should tell you the strumming pattern, as with some songs, that are played with casual / altering strumming patterns, it's a real bitch to write it as a regular tab. You can either figure out the strumming patterns if you want to play note-for note, or you can make them up yourself to bring out your individual version. I often do this, following the song with my own patterns that go well with the feel of the different parts, sometimes arpeggiating the chords also.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah