I have a strat and I shoulda bought one with a humbucker in the bridge...but o well too late now

I want to swap it out cuz the SC sounds too thin and bright in the bridge.
So any recommendations ?

I play classic rock, blues, rock, jazz, punk ...NOT metal so forget about high gain
so something between vintage and medium output would be nice..I care more about tone than gain
27mMoV31II7.a2
Rio Grande has some humbuckers that might suite you. I'd also check out the DiMarzio PAF Pro and the Seymour Duncan '59 or Alnico II pro.
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Before you do that look into lace sensors, they sound pretty humbuckery, and will mean alot less work routing/wiring
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
no need to for routing... under the pickup guard there is enough space for one
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Seymour Duncans
seeing that seymour duncan has about 20 different options, i think that might a little too broad.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Seymour Duncans

I'm surprised you didnt say stratbuckers
27mMoV31II7.a2
Last edited by Antimage27 at Dec 16, 2009,
The best kind of humbucker for you is the kind that transforms your Strat into an LP.

All jokes aside, what amp do you have?
What's your budget?
What band(s)/artist(s) have a tone that you're trying to emulate?
Quote by i_am_metalhead

All jokes aside, what amp do you have?
What's your budget?
What band(s)/artist(s) have a tone that you're trying to emulate?

Dont have an amp right now I sold mine..most likely a classic rock bluesy tube amp..
under 100 USD
Not really trying to emulate anyone ...i guess just a somewhat versitile vintage output PUP
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Antimage27
Dont have an amp right now I sold mine..most likely a classic rock bluesy tube amp..
under 100 USD
Not really trying to emulate anyone ...i guess just a somewhat versitile vintage output PUP

Well unless you give us an idea of some bands it makes it really hard to recommend anything because tone is very subjective and what I may think is a versatile vintage sounding pickup you may try and think "this guy is a total nut!".

Truthfully, I'd be more focused on finding an amp right now then changing your pickups if you want to tweak your tone a little bit. Not knowing what amp you're gonna use also makes it difficult to recommend pickups to you (we may recommend something that's more upper mids/treble focused to compliment a darker voiced amp and then you end up getting an amp thats naturally trebley - just an example).

With all that said, possibly look into a Dimarzio Air Classic or maybe a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates.
I'd seriously consider a hot rails to avoid any cutting of the plate. They are designed for exactly what you are asking but not so hot that they will sound odd with SCs in the middle and neck. As everyone else said, get an amp sorted first and then decide what route to go.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x