Hi all! Just joined the forum after reading tabs off here for a year! I had a pretty bad motorbike crash just over a year ago and was stuck indoors constantly so I bought my 1st cheap guitar and never looked back

Had a couple of questions about upgrading pickups, I have a luna andromeda phoenix 6 string which I absolutely love, but I've seen a couple with emg pickups, I want to buy something powerful like a pair of EMG 81/85 etc but I'm not clued up on any of this. As it's not the most common guitar in the world I was wondering if there would be compatibility issues?

http://www.lunaguitars.com/andromeda.php

Could anyone tell me if they come in different fittings, will mine be an easy swap, and how much difference will I notice from the standard humbuckers? I'd definitely be interested in a used set but can't seem to find any

I also have a washburn wg-580, and a wg-587 7 string. The amp i'm using is a marshall MG30 DFX, I play 95% rock & metal, guitar is in drop C with heavy duty strings.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=LEON556677

A few vids from my 1st year of learning, thanks

Leon
Everyone is going to tell you to update your amp first. You won't get the full blast of EMG's with an MG, it might not change your tone at all.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Everyone is going to tell you to update your amp first. You won't get the full blast of EMG's with an MG, it might not change your tone at all.

This
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Yup. Forget the pickups, they won't make nearly as much difference as a new amp will.

Read the guide in my sig. Not only is it myth busting factual goodness, it also addresses a number of things guitarists forget about when upgrading their rig.

Changing the speaker in your amp would make much more of a difference to your overall tone, but obviously I wouldn't recommend dropping £70 on a Celestion G12M for an amp like yours... put it towards an all round better amp instead.
Ok cheers, what sort of amp would i be looking for then? It's mostly for metal, I'm more than happy with my amp but i only play at home so it can't be too big, I find the 30watts way more than I'll ever need.

Cheers
Check out Peavy Valveking.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Vox valvetronix amps are awesome and go down to a 15(?) watt version. though your budget would be most appreciated
Quote by biga29
Check out Peavy Valveking.

Not for Metal, he's better off with a B52 AT 112 or a Peavey XXX.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?