i've been trying out all the picks i can find and i just can't find one, but i have found things from other picks and i was wondering is there such a pick that is similar in size to a tortex pick, that has the grippyness of a jazz or stubby pick. any recomendations or suggestions are gratly appreciated.
The Ibanez Steve Vai picks aren't bad.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
i use Dunlop mediums.. .60mm

but you should stop being picky on which picks to use and you should worry yourself about playing the instrument...
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
Quote by Mangohabs
...great post

Quote by Headphonehead
@ Cobracarg: 1 word:Genius!!!
Ok can we stop sucking this dudes dick and deal with my question?
Quote by jaffawoman
The Ibanez Steve Vai picks aren't bad.

thanks the entire ibanez pic range looks worth a look
Quote by cobracarg
i use Dunlop mediums.. .60mm

but you should stop being picky on which picks to use and you should worry yourself about playing the instrument...

i am trying to play the instrument it's just the pic keeps slipping away whilst i grip it and when i grip it mega hard it sounds horrible
Last edited by britishsligean at Dec 16, 2009,
Dunlop nylons are good.

Are you looking for the thickness of jazz and stubbys, or just the textured grip?

What ballpark of thickness are you into?
Quote by Rutch
Dunlop nylons are good.

Are you looking for the thickness of jazz and stubbys, or just the textured grip?

What ballpark of thickness are you into?

i'm mostly looking for the textured grip, i prefer to play 1.0mm pics
Brain/Cat Tongue picks, they're great.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
You mean something like this?

Same specs as a Jazz III but bigger. I love Jazz IIIs but they are too small for my mitts to hang on too. These solved that problem.
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Quote by TheRectified
You mean something like this?

Same specs as a Jazz III but bigger. I love Jazz IIIs but they are too small for my mitts to hang on too. These solved that problem.

i've got the same problem mungers seem to brush off the strings on the upstrum
I use these as they have a grippy texture to them and they have a sharp point....its like a Jazz pick but not so small so they are easier to hold on to and still get a good pick attack

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=13&pmh=products/picks
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
have you tried the big stubbies?

also dava picks and cool picks. davas have rubber, cool pics have rubber coated sand grips basically.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 16, 2009,
The brand "Cool" makes picks that probably close to what you are looking for... and they have a pretty good variety of thicknesses.
Dunlop Ultex/Ultex Sharp. Besides being exactly what you described, they also happen to be indestructible.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Look at Wirething picks, I was given one and the has really good grip as it has a small curve for your thumb and has raised writing for extra grip.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Take whatever pick you like and rough it up - sand it with low grain and slash it with a blade.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
just take whatever pick you like for it's size and shape, and rough up the part you grip a bit using a knife or sandpaper.

done
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ