I've been trying to learn popping and slapping lately and I'm getting the hang of it except for when I switch the the A string. When I do I hit the E with my palm and if I adjust my hand to where it doesn't then my fingers are in an odd position for popping. Any way to clear this up?

and a random question, my amp (Acoustic B200) has start getting overdrive when I play for a little bit, especially on the low E. It used to not do that, any ideas?

EDIT: I think it's my bass. When I plug a cable in to it there a quick squeaking noise through the amp but only for my Schecter, not my Ibanez.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Dec 16, 2009,
This is just a total guess, but maybe you have your hand to close to the strings, causing you to hit the E string with your palm. Try backing off slighty and depend more on using your wrist.

...but like I said, total guess. I don't see or know how you play.

Fuck that - I want a bass amp that can suck dick! Where do you find such a thing
posting a vid of your technique is the best way for us to tell you whats wrong with it.
no sir away a papaya war is on
I'll try to when I'm not busy.

Any idea about that weird squeaking noise? It's only when I plug in my Schecter. It makes a shrill, short squeak.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I don't believe so. No battery cavity and I've had it about a year and a half and it's never died or anything, same tone until now. I'm thinking about opening up the control cavity to see if something is off enough to see.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It may be awkward, but if you do it enough, it becomes more natural. Just practice it.

Look up "slap precision excercise" on youtube. There are a few videos with some pretty good lessons and really perfecting placement on slap technique. I can't remember the guy's user name... but, he's got some good videos
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
for starters you shouldn't be unplugging/plugging in your basses while the amp is still on, it's a pretty stupid thing to do and can **** up your speaker.
Quote by budget bassist
for starters you shouldn't be unplugging/plugging in your basses while the amp is still on, it's a pretty stupid thing to do and can **** up your speaker.

Doesn't help at all considering I haven't been until I switched basses to compare. It's always plugged in when I turn the amp on.

To the slapping, when I was practicing really slow it was ok but I had to change my thumb when going from E to A and then D and G were the same style as the A. I'll go back to slow practice switching and see if it clears up, thanks.

Still got a problem with the Schecter though.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
There aren't enough facepalms to express what a dumbass I am. The bass is active but I'm used to seeing a battery compartment and rarely see the back of the instrument. On the control cavity was a sticker that clearly read: "Battery"

Pretty sure that problem is fixed.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Just thought I will ask this here also, when you slap on the D or G string, are your thumb suppose to be parallel to the strings or should it be pointing downwards?
Parallel I would think
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls