Since both Andrew and meh! are no longer moderators, I've decided to start a fresh, new suggestions thread.

I'll be continuing the AOTM threads, etc, but please make any other suggestions for improvement you have.

Sorry for the ambiguity. This thread is for forum suggestions. Please suggest improvements to made to our beloved Blues and Jazz forum.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I just realized how ambiguous this thread is.

I intended this thread to be for forum suggestions. Ways to improve the Blues and Jazz forum.

Check out the suggested listening thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1119290

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Hey guys, I would love to help out in this forum. Ask me anything about Jazz; genre, guitarists, technique, theory, chords, soloing, albums, etc...
Monty Craig - Professor of Jazz Guitar and Combos - Clemson University
Hey, Monty. Thanks for the offer. It's a pretty slow forum, relatively speaking, but there's usually a thread with someone needing Jazz help, and there's always the suggestions thread.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Here is a top 10 new jazz releases for 2009:

1. Vijay Iyer Trio – Historicity (ACT)
2. Miguel Zenón – Esta Plena (Marsalis Music)
3. Michael Musillami Trio + 3 – From Seeds (Playscape)
4. Henry Threadgill Zooid – This Brings Us To, Volume 1 (Pi)
5. Darcy James Argue’s Secret Society – Infernal Machines (New Amsterdam)
6. Enrico Rava – New York Days (ECM)
7. Jim Hall & Bill Frisell – Hemispheres (ArtistShare)
8. Chris Potter Underground – Ultrahang (ArtistShare)
9. Jon Hassell – Last Night The Moon Came Dropping Its Clothes In The Street (ECM)
10. Dave Douglas – Spirit Moves (Greenleaf Music)
People are always writing or saying that jazz is dead, but two prominate jazz reviewers both said they recieved more that 2000 CD's each for the year 2009. So much for jazz being dead....
Top 3 Reissues this year:

Reissues
1. Louis Armstrong – The Complete Louis Armstrong Decca Sessions (1935-1946) (Mosaic)
2. Miles Davis – The Complete Columbia Album Collection (Legacy) 70 CD's!!!!!
3. Charles Mingus – Mingus Ah Um 50th Anniversary (Legacy)
Hey can you reccommend me some soft jazz like Stardust- Coltrane, So What - Miles Davis, Maiden Voyage - Herbie Hancock, etc. and/or songs with strong melodies like Equinox - Coltrane or Walkin' - Davis
Quote by Wiegenlied
Hey can you reccommend me some soft jazz like Stardust- Coltrane, So What - Miles Davis, Maiden Voyage - Herbie Hancock, etc. and/or songs with strong melodies like Equinox - Coltrane or Walkin' - Davis

Hey Wiegenlied,

Here are a couple of ideas to get started on some soft jazz:

1) Coltrane Plays Ballads
2) John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman

Just found this awesome list - 100 Top Ballads - You can listen to the tunes right there!

http://www.nutsie.com/top100sradio/100%20Greatest%20Jazz%20Ballads/2706265

If you need more help, let me know!

Monty
I think people here have missed the point of this thread. This is for FORUM suggestions and NOT for blues/jazz music suggestions...(there's another thread for that)
You're right. It wasn't getting any forum suggestions, anyway, which is why I unstuck it.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86