Anyone know how decent these headphones are? They're on sale for £30, and right now I have been listening to my recordings through my crappy PC speakers. It's them or some Sennheiser HD202s.

Cheers!
Never had any experience with AKG headphones but my Sennheiser HD212 Pro's are really good for the price.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I am personally 100% against mixing with headphones, but hey, if you enjoy it...I won't argue. I will say that the Sennheisers are a better bet, but yeah....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by kaneorsomething
Would you recommend a speaker upgrade instead?

I am not reccomending that unless you are willing to spend like 150-200 as opposed to 30.

The reason is that headphones can sound different just by moving them a certain way on your head. If you have headphones on, try moving them a bit. Notice how the sound changes? Nearfield monitors do not have this effect as they are stationary. Therefore, to TRULY hear how your mix sounds or master sounds, it is better to listen via nearfields. Again though, if you are not willing to shell out the cash, its not worth spending any less than I mentioned, and to stick with headphones.
save up man and get senheisser hd25s mk2 .say away from the sp`s though
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Alright, I'll avoid spending at this moment in time then. Probably best as christmas is destroying my bank account. :P
I've never had the chance to try the AKG K 514s however I use and love Sennheiser HD280 phones for tracking with condensers, Grado Labs SR80s for every day listening and mixing at this point.

You really should not mix on headphones however at the same time, they are better than a $250 set of monitors. The lowest price set of monitors would be the KRK Rokit 5 G2s which run about $150 for each monitor....that's $300 total for a set in the end.

I really gotta save up for a set of monitors.......and a much larger desk LOL
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 16, 2009,
Quote by moody07747
I've never had the chance to try the AKG K 514s however I use and love Sennheiser HD280 phones for tracking with condensers, Grado Labs SR80s for every day listening and mixing at this point.

You really should not mix on headphones however at the same time, they are better than a $250 set of monitors. The lowest price set of monitors would be the KRK Rokit 5 G2s which run about $150 for each monitor....that's $300 total for a set in the end.

I really gotta save up for a set of monitors.......and a much larger desk LOL

Are you telling him NOT to get the KRK's? I don't quite get it.

I can mix infinitely better on my Rockits than I can on any set of headphones.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Are you telling him NOT to get the KRK's? I don't quite get it.

I can mix infinitely better on my Rockits than I can on any set of headphones.

Considering and comparing price tags... yes, i believe it's a fair point.

Quote by evening_crow
Considering and comparing price tags... yes, i believe it's a fair point.

Please dont just jump into a convo like that. If you read what he was saying, he said dont spend money on $250 monitors...then mentioned the KRK's. I was simply asking if he meant that the KRK's were bad?
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Please dont just jump into a convo like that. If you read what he was saying, he said dont spend money on $250 monitors...then mentioned the KRK's. I was simply asking if he meant that the KRK's were bad?

Jump in how? Sorry if for some reason you were easily offended but i believe what he meant to tell ts was to get a set of Sennheisers instead of the AKGs. Doing so would be a better option since the cheapest monitors for him to get would run at about 250-$300 dollars and from what i'm guessing, won't be that great.

That's what i seemed to understand. Sorry if something bothered you so much.

The KRK RP5s are low in price but they actually are good.
I said $150 per monitor, (or $300 for a set) would be the lowest prices I would consider spending when buying monitors. I never said not to buy them.

A proper location and better monitors will always give you better sound quality however when it comes to Headphones vs. budget monitors, I would go with the monitors assuming you don't spend below $300 on a set.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 16, 2009,