Hey guys, I posted a thread a few days ago, but I had some more questions. First off,

Can I sand down my Gibson Les Paul Studio?
Like so it's all just wood? My guitar Is The Ebony one, all black.
And, If i want a really blues type sound, what are some good pedals and pick ups?
Same question if I want a really metal sound.
And lastly, I have a Line 6 Spider 3, If I want a more simple Amp, whats recommended if i play rock/blues/metal?

Thanks Guy's =]
blackstar ht-5 is a good option, a good pedal would be a boss blues driver, you can sand down the to the wood but it would not be advisable as you will have two types of wood visable
Most responses will be to buy a new amp rather than use pedals/new pickups. On your current amp, I wouldn't think pickups would make that much of a difference to your sound. Although I haven't tried them, Bugera amps are supposed to sound good, are pretty inexpensive and should cover those genres. It would help if you'd post your budget. Also, if you're gigging or not. Just so you can get the best advice possible.

Quote by britishsligean
you can sand down the to the wood but it would not be advisable as you will have two types of wood visable

Not necessarily bad to see the two types of wood. But if you're expecting it to only be one then be aware of that.
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
Last edited by lyonk55 at Dec 16, 2009,
I've heard good things about the JB/Jazz combo
they can pretty much do anything really
Wow thanks a lot guys =] and im not gigging yet, just writing with my band, trying to find that right sound ya know? =]
And my budget is whatever it needs to be lol
I always have money put away for my musical needs =]
Quote by Chris_117
Wow thanks a lot guys =] and im not gigging yet, just writing with my band, trying to find that right sound ya know? =]
And my budget is whatever it needs to be lol
I always have money put away for my musical needs =]

Hmmm...Mesas always get a good rep maybe a rectifier or mark iv/v - should deffinately cover rock and metal sounds and from what I hear have a fair bit of versatility. I have an Engl Screamer combo, which I really like and I believe would cover those musical types. Pretty much any Mesa or Engl will be loud enough for band practice and gigging. New, they're expensive though (at my nearest big guitar shop, a Mesa dual rec costs £1499 just for the head and a mark v combo went £2397) Going used can bring the cost down alot (New Engl Screamers seem to be between £800 and just over £1000, but I got mine on ebay for £500). If you can stretch to cover them, go out and try 'em and decide if you like them.

I'm sure there are some people who can help you out alot more than I can though.
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
Thanks A lot, hey i was wondering, going back to the sanding of my guitar, how would i go about it?
like what are the steps to take?
what grit of sand paper do i use?
do I need any finishes or anything for before or after?