I'm looking for an expression pedal I can use to operate a Line 6 FM4, the Line 6 pedal is apparently quite poor not to mention that being in Australia makes it incredibly expensive to order from the US ($75 for postage is rubbish)

What's a cheap, but decent alternative?
Are the line6 expression pedals just a standard pedal like a roland ev-5? ie using a 6mm stereo phone plug like normal keyboard expression pedals? If so there are a few options but the behringer one would probably be the cheapest and easiest to procure. Apparently they aren't a bad pedal, I'm intending to get one for my DX7.
There are two wiring configurations for expression pedals and the difference is that the tip and ring are transposed. Easy enough to modify the cable if it's back to front.

Behringer fcv100
Australian mail order source
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Not sure if it's compatible, but the price is right, it looks sturdy enough, although I've had bad experience with Behringer. (not just heard bad things, I actually own a little purple distortion pedal that screwed me mid-show)
Some Behringer stuff is a lot better than others. The line mixer in my keyboards rack is a pearler but the desk type ones crap out (the sliders fill with crud really easily, the one in my rack is all rotary pots). I've heard some good things about those expression pedals and as you say - the price is right.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Hmm, will wait and see if any other options are suggested, if not I might give it a shot and see how it goes. It's not one of those things that's catastrophic if it dies mid-show.

EDIT: Found some others, anyone know anything about these?

M-Audio: http://ponymusic.com.au/Shop/vmchk/M-Audio/Keyboards-&-Related-Items/Other-Items/08MA99005080600-M-AUDIO-EX-P-Universal-Expression-Pedal/Detailed-product-flyer
Proel: http://www.velvetsystems.com/Proel.PVP16L.Expression.Pedal.cfm
Found a place that ships to Australia for reasonable prices and have pretty good prices, and they have both the Line 6 expression medal and the Moog one... which one of these two would be better/sturdier?
I used to have the Line 6 one for my FM4...didn't use it much so I sold it I mainly use the pedal for the seek wah setting so the expression pedal was just taking up space on my board. It was a decent enough expression pedal.
Oh cool. My main concern is I'm not sure if the Moog one is compatible with the Line 6 pedal, and I've heard reports of the Line 6 one being made of flimsy plastic like the old Ibanez WH10s.