I have been trying FOREVER to figure out what guitar pedals and effects Slightly stoopid use to achieve their easily identfiable sound through-out their music.

I know they are using probably a phase shifter, delay, compressor, and some others but I wanted to know if anyone had ANY idea as to the details, i.e., pedal types, brand, quantity, settings, etc.

Look at songs like Officer, Bandeloro, and Fat Spliffs are good examples.

It would mean the world. Thanks!
I was just listening to 'Basher' and wondering if that is a delay or heavy reverb... Like literally ten minutes ago... Odd. I have no idea though.

To me their lead sounds like a pretty typical country tone; compressor, slapback delay, and maybe a little reverb.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Dec 16, 2009,
Quote by Darkflame
i thought that would be a thread about stupid and useless effects

Ditto
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by kbrewster
Too bad for yous guys. Still doesn't help my problem, though.

Then respond to my post.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Oh ahaha. Tubetime my savior! I was tryin to listen to that song (difficult at the work computer). But that kinda sound they pull off there intrigues me. It's funny that you call it a country tone. That didn't even come to mind for me, granted I don't like country very much. My guitar teach thought Closer to the Sun, the song not the album, sounded bluegrassy.
Quote by kbrewster
Oh ahaha. Tubetime my savior! I was tryin to listen to that song (difficult at the work computer). But that kinda sound they pull off there intrigues me. It's funny that you call it a country tone. That didn't even come to mind for me, granted I don't like country very much. My guitar teach thought Closer to the Sun, the song not the album, sounded bluegrassy.

Ya I know they aren't country but I agree they have some country/folk/bluegrass influences to them, especially in the lead guitar. I think what you and I both thought of their tone is pretty much it. I would really just want an analog delay, and a compressor if I was gonna make a go at it. The amp, I'm not sure, probably something Fender but who knows, their recordings aren't the best quality so its hard to say.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
You're truly right, the acoustic guitar sets off that mode especially for me. And after doing the investigating that I have, I know that their recordings are usually done on the spot without too many takes or much rehearsing for a more organic feel. I've wondered many a time if effects were ever added during the production stage rather than the recording. And if so, how much of a difference that would make.
I've been humming 'closer to the sun' now because of you and just realized the melody is very similar to 'cat's cradle' by Harry Chapin...

Anyway, ya I think they are one of those bands that you've just gotta get close enough and then move on. Their signature sound is more technique than anything in my opinion.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Ya I know they aren't country but I agree they have some country/folk/bluegrass influences to them, especially in the lead guitar. I think what you and I both thought of their tone is pretty much it. I would really just want an analog delay, and a compressor if I was gonna make a go at it. The amp, I'm not sure, probably something Fender but who knows, their recordings aren't the best quality so its hard to say.

I know when I saw them live at least one of them if not both played Strats through Marshal stacks. But thats just live it could be different on the recordings.

As far I can hear with the effects, they have delay, reverb, chorus, phaser, wah, and possible a distortion and/compressor, no idea on the brands though