Ugh. I hate it when people start threads like this one, but I'm not sure how to ask this particular question seeing as PP+E doesn't really have an off topic thread.

I need a classic pop-punk song (circa early to mid 2000's) for a show I'm doing on January 2nd. I was thinking of something like Flavor of the Week or Swing Swing: something like those that was super popular and most people will know the words to. I can't really think of any others, so if you could help out, I'd appreciate it.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I'd love to do Brand New or Jawbreaker or some great stuff like that, but unfortunately, I'm playing at a bar, so I need a singalong tune.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
I'd love to do Brand New or Jawbreaker or some great stuff like that, but unfortunately, I'm playing at a bar, so I need a singalong tune.

Meh, I figured a lot of people know the words to one or both of those.

How about something by New Found Glory? A lot of people know "Hit or Miss."
Everybody and their mother knows "All the Small Things," or "What's My Age Again," by Blink-182, right? Any Blink, for that matter.

I dunno, man. Just throwing ideas out there.
Appreciate it. I hadn't even thought of doing a blink tune for some reason. I may get on that.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Don't play a blink song dude...

Just imo,
People won't take that seriously.
I wouldn't.
That's just my honest feelings on that.

Brand New would be a better choice.
Maybe Taking Back Sunday?
Motion City Soundtrack?
Quote by birdman267
Don't play a blink song dude...

Just imo,
People won't take that seriously.
I wouldn't.
That's just my honest feelings on that.

Brand New would be a better choice.
Maybe Taking Back Sunday?
Motion City Soundtrack?

I refrain:
It's at a bar, it needs to be super popular. Blink would go over well and the others don't really have any huge radio hits.

I dunno, I'll probably just do a Weezer tune.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Weezer is a GREAT idea.

There's just something about a blink cover that SCREAMS High School Talent Show or 13 year old YouTube Cover Band
Quote by birdman267
Weezer is a GREAT idea.

There's just something about a blink cover that SCREAMS High School Talent Show or 13 year old YouTube Cover Band

Well okay, I can agree with that.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by BK202
I'd say Weezer is your best bet for a sing along.

Okay so Weezer it is. My choices are:
Say it Aint So
Why Bother
Pink Triangle
Buddy Holly
or another if you can think of one

I really can't decide.

PS, my friend just did an acoustic "What's My Age Again" cover at a bar like, 40 min ago and it slayed, so apparently I was wrong about it being amateurish.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Okay so Weezer it is. My choices are:
Say it Aint So
Why Bother
Pink Triangle
Buddy Holly
or another if you can think of one

I really can't decide.

Why bother...it's gonna hurt me...it's gonna kill when you desert me...
This happened to me twice befooore...not gonna happen to me anymooore

That'd be my choice, man.

PS, my friend just did an acoustic "What's My Age Again" cover at a bar like, 40 min ago and it slayed, so apparently I was wrong about it being amateurish.

Toldya so!
Quote by r-bizzle182
Why bother...it's gonna hurt me...it's gonna kill when you desert me...
This happened to me twice befooore...not gonna happen to me anymooore

That'd be my choice, man.

I think that's what I'm going with, but I can't do the falsetto
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Sorry for the Double-post.

Here's the video from my friend's cover.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk1-bHepUGs

The best part is me, 20 seconds in when I realize what song he's playing.
The performance itself was so so
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by BK202
Island In The Sun is good one too, but I'd go with Say It Ain't So from that list.

I wanted to do Island in the Sun, but I can't get the sync right for the strumming and singing.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
I wanted to do Island in the Sun, but I can't get the sync right for the strumming and singing.

Yea that's understandable. In my opinion and experience, Island in the Sun and Say It Ain't So are the best Weezer songs that are really crowd hits. Another one that may win people over is Troublemaker. I know its kind of more juvenile, but more people know that song than you may think. If you're looking for something with more substance, its amazing how many people know the song Everything Is Alright by Motion City Soundtrack. Most people don't know who its by, but most know it/have heard it.
Quote by BK202
Yea that's understandable. In my opinion and experience, Island in the Sun and Say It Ain't So are the best Weezer songs that are really crowd hits. Another one that may win people over is Troublemaker. I know its kind of more juvenile, but more people know that song than you may think. If you're looking for something with more substance, its amazing how many people know the song Everything Is Alright by Motion City Soundtrack. Most people don't know who its by, but most know it/have heard it.

Haha not going for substance at all.
Other than my originals, the most substantial song I'm doing is 2RAK005 by Bracket.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
It's down to Say it Ain't So and Buddy Holly now. The deciding factor is which ever is easiest to sing. Buddy Holly is actually deceptively hard, while Say It Ain't So is obviously hard, so idk.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
It's down to Say it Ain't So and Buddy Holly now. The deciding factor is which ever is easiest to sing. Buddy Holly is actually deceptively hard, while Say It Ain't So is obviously hard, so idk.

One of my friend's bands was able to pull off Say It Ain't So, and it was a crowd hit. His singer really had to work hard at it though. I know what you mean about Buddy Holly being hard to sing.
Quote by BK202
One of my friend's bands was able to pull off Say It Ain't So, and it was a crowd hit. His singer really had to work hard at it though. I know what you mean about Buddy Holly being hard to sing.

This may all be moot anyway. I was just doing an acoustic set to fill time and basically open for my band later in the night. My drummer broker her tailbone last night, so the show prolly won't happen :/

Fuck...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Kind of late now going on your last post, but apart from already mentioned, only bands i can think of which will be well known are sum 41 with fat lip/in too deep, a bunch of green day, and maybe jimmy eat world?
Quote by StonaLemons
Kind of late now going on your last post, but apart from already mentioned, only bands i can think of which will be well known are sum 41 with fat lip/in too deep, a bunch of green day, and maybe jimmy eat world?

Hmmm, I may have to keep Sum 41 in mind for future reference. Thank ya.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by StonaLemons

Sum 41 is good, I totally forgot about them. Green Day is overused around here, Jimmy Eat World is good, but it was hard for me to sing and play at the same time.
Quote by BK202
Sum 41 is good, I totally forgot about them. Green Day is overused around here, Jimmy Eat World is good, but it was hard for me to sing and play at the same time.

The only Jimmy Eat World song anyone around here knows (except for me and a few friends) is The Middle, and that's not happening.

EDIT: Show's back on! I just go a text from my drummer and she's going to play regardless. Gotta love uber-dedicated bandmates!
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Dec 18, 2009,