I just took apart my GH kick pedal because it wasn't working, and one of the wires was de-soldered (bah, actually they're glued at the factory, so it was de-glued). Any way, I can't find my soldering iron, so I thought maybe I could use a silicone gun to set it into place, would it work?
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Quote by ChucklesMginty
GH as in Guitar Hero?

Yeah

Quote by mark_wuk
Probably not - the silcone will act as an insulator.

Damn, but wouldn't the glue have acted the same way before?
Look!

Quote by mark_wuk
Probably not - the silcone will act as an insulator.

As long as some of the wire is in contact with the connection it doesn't matter, but if the silicon gets between the two then he's ****ed.

So it could work, it just probably won't.
Have patience and find your soldering iron.
DeVillains!
Sounds like a silly thing to do. If the glue gets between the wire and what it's connected to it won't work. Plus the silicon will have some give so you'll get intermittent open circuits. Add to that that it will make it harder to solder it when you do find your iron.
Find your iron and fix it properly, are you really THAT addicted to GH that it's more important to do a dodgey job than wait?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Lol yeah I know, I'm not addicted to GH, I just couldn't find it anywhere and had none of that... metal thing for soldering (it's called "estaño" in Spanish, don't know what it translates to), so I thought that if it had been glued, maybe silicone could work. And it was glued at the factory, I opened it up and it was glued there, every other site that I read talking about it had glued connectors as well.
Look!

In English it's called solder.
I don't know why they'd use glue. Built in obsolescence maybe so parents have to go out and buy new ones for their spoiled brats at regular intervals. Either that or it's cheaper to make that way in the factory. Probably a bit from column A and a bit from column B.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification