I have an OK RG370DX (2007). I tried several before I found one that is OK.

So, two questions I would ask is what year was it made and where?
The really lousy ones (back a few years) were from China. Poor workmanship, plating on metal, etc. AND really cheap controls (pots).

A new RG370DX at Guitar Center is $399.
it's not that great of deal. maybe shoot a lower offer on it? I love Ibanez RG's...and once that Edge III craps out on your...the OFR is a direct swap in.
it's only $100 under new but it comes with a case so it seems like a decent deal to me.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Yeah I would definitely try to talk him down another 50 bucks or so.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by eyebanez333
it's not that great of deal. maybe shoot a lower offer on it? I love Ibanez RG's...and once that Edge III craps out on your...the OFR is a direct swap in.

Yea well I'm planning on switching the pups with DiMarzio Evolution pickups. So I'll see how that sounds.
Meh, I got my 550 for $50 more, so no. That doesn't look like a good deal to me.

You're only asking because it doesn't look like a great deal to you either. Keep shopping till your jaw hits the floor - be that sooner or later.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Meh, I got my 550 for $50 more, so no. That doesn't look like a good deal to me.

You're only asking because it doesn't look like a great deal to you either. Keep shopping till your jaw hits the floor - be that sooner or later.

I would normally. But I'm time pressed and overall impatient. Not to mention my last Ibanez wasn't exactly the bee's knee's. But I'm still willing to give them another try. So I gueess I'm going for it.
Quote by eyebanez333

Are Edge III's likely to crap out, not that it's a big deal.
Quote by ibanezboy1992
Are Edge III's likely to crap out, not that it's a big deal.
They typically get a pretty bad rap around here. Stuff about them not lasting 6 months and all that. Typically though, if you're nice with it and have it set up properly you should be able to expect at least a few years of reliable service.

As for the OFR being a direct swap. Well, into some Edge III routs, yes; in others, no.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
They typically get a pretty bad rap around here. Stuff about them not lasting 6 months and all that. Typically though, if you're nice with it and have it set up properly you should be able to expect at least a few years of reliable service.

As for the OFR being a direct swap. Well, into some Edge III routs, yes; in others, no.

If you abuse the bar, it might last a year. If you barely use it...it will obviously last longer. When they 'go out' its the knife edges that wear out. An OFR has fit into every Edge III equipped guitar I've ever owned or worked on...without any modifications.
Not bad, but you can do a lot better for that. If you like Ibanez, check out the artist series. They have a great sound look great, cheaper than most of it's competitors, and you'll get a lot more for your money. They also have a les paul styling, which is a bonus.