So im lookin to buy a new guitar for christmas, and i have one on order. It has a floyd rose special on it, so i went to my local store today to play some guitars so that I could see what it felt like before hand, since ive never played with a floating tremolo before.

So the guy gave me the guitar, an Ibanez RG320, and it was pretty out of tune, but not so out that the fine tuners couldnt fix it. So i spent a few minutes playing around, and i got it tuned right.

After around 15 minutes of playing, i got really annoyed with the palm muting, since ive been used to playing on a les paul, i found it awkward to palm mute with this kind of tremolo, also, when I did palm mute, i knocked the fine tuners, and it went out of tune very quickly again...

So my questions are, is it hard to get used to a floating trem system when it comes to palm muting?
and is there any locking system on the fine tuners so i dont end up knocking it out of tune every 5 minutes?
you don't have to press down super-hard on the strings to palm mute.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
yeah i understand that, but its just the fact that my palm interferes with the fine tuners and can knock them out, at least it did today :/
yeah it wasnt the locking nut that was the problem, it was the fine tuners
Quote by Ampx612
yeah i understand that, but its just the fact that my palm interferes with the fine tuners and can knock them out, at least it did today :/

How far does your palm go back? Really it should just be near the saddle screws maybe right on top of the saddle but no where near the fine tuners.
Quote by azn_guitarist25

(Invalid img)

How far does your palm go back? Really it should just be near the saddle screws maybe right on top of the saddle but no where near the fine tuners.

i was just going to say that.
Quote by God
i lol'd
U must have a huge palm then ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru
U must have a huge palm then ...

Either that or literally applied the palm of their hand across the bridge.