I'm getting an electric guitar for Christmas, and am wanting to buy a practice amp, but I would like for it to still be pretty loud, because sometimes I play at church. I prefer clean and blues sounds, not as much into the metalcore etc. Have 100$, the cheaper though the better.
Gear:
Alvarez Classical Guitar(don't know much about it).
Yamaha FG730S
Agile AL-2000 Black Cherry
Fender 25R Frontman Series II Combo
Roland Micro Cube.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
Boss Micro Cube.

probably the best you're going to get with $100
Went ahead and bought a frontman just now from GC
Gear:
Yamaha FG730S
Quote by scfan919
Went ahead and bought a frontman just now from GC

I really, really don't like the Frontman series...

And yeah.
Troll?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
What does troll mean? And I bought the amp off of gc.com shortly after putting this up, was just looking for some last second advice...
Gear:
Yamaha FG730S
Quote by scfan919
What does troll mean? And I bought the amp off of gc.com shortly after putting this up, was just looking for some last second advice...

I mean, I guess I feel like if you were looking for advice you would have asked "what about the Frontman?" and we (most of us) would have been like "no."
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by scfan919

being a troll means you post something just to get a rise out of people. that amp isn't great, and definitely doesn't live up to the badge it wears (like most budget series amps). did you at least play one first?
Oh, well, I posted on here, then read some good reviews and had some good comments about it from another site I use, that it was a good amp for blues and clean sounds which is what I prefer, and that it was pretty loud. So when I got back to this site, I had already ordered it and was just updating so this thread could die.
Gear:
Yamaha FG730S
Quote by scfan919
I'm getting an electric guitar for Christmas, and am wanting to buy a practice amp, but I would like for it to still be pretty loud, because sometimes I play at church. I prefer clean and blues sounds, not as much into the metalcore etc. Have 100$, the cheaper though the better.

Try either the Roland Cube 15 or the Crate FlexWave15R 15W Combo, or the Kustom 16 gauge - all $99.

The Crate and Kustom have a 12 inch speaker. Much better than the Cube with only an 8 inch. And the Crate and Kustom have reverb (kind of like echo, very nice to have) and the Cube doesn't) But the Cube 15 has some really nice tones.

So any would be good. I'd recommend the Crate or Kustom for church.
Last edited by axuality at Dec 16, 2009,
If you prefer a clean tone, I'd avoid the Roland Cube.

A used Vox AD30VT should be perfect. You may be pushed to find one in the US at that price, but they do come along every now and then (you might have to stretch your budget to $150 though).

The tones are really crunchy and organic for a cheap non-valve, solid state amp. It's perfect for Ozzy and The Beatles.
I would have recommended the Vypyr 15 Oh wait... he doesnt play metal... how odd for this forum
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive