Which do you think will help me with playability: A thinner neck or a thinner neck profile? Whenever I play standing up, my wrist starts aching quickly unless I raise the guitar.

BTW I play a Strat with a 60s "C" shaped neck.
i have what i consider short fingers, so i just play with the guitar raised. i play mostly thrash on shecter C1 hellraiser which has a relatively thick neck, so you might think i'd look like a bit of a dork with a raised guitar, but it sounds good so its not really an issue.

so i'd say play it raised
I find a thinner neck helps me out alot, no so much as profile. I find my epiphone 7-string is easier to play than my 6-string bc rich, just coz the neck is more flat in the palm of my hand and not rounded off. My most comfy guitar is a Ibenaz rg120 with the speed neck. Alot of Ibenaz's feel totally different from other guitars. My lil brother's fingers are slightly longer than mine, and he preferes my bc rich over the Ibanez as far as the neck goes.
It's a Squier actually, and I'm looking to upgrade. I am looking to an SG Special but I hear Gibsons have really thick necks and if that's going to be detrimental to my playing, I'd rather get something with a thinner neck profile, like and Ibanez or something. But if a thinner neck profile won't help me, I'll just go for the Gibson.
Quote by velocial
I find a thinner neck helps me out alot, no so much as profile. I find my epiphone 7-string is easier to play than my 6-string bc rich, just coz the neck is more flat in the palm of my hand and not rounded off. My most comfy guitar is a Ibenaz rg120 with the speed neck. Alot of Ibenaz's feel totally different from other guitars. My lil brother's fingers are slightly longer than mine, and he preferes my bc rich over the Ibanez as far as the neck goes.

So basically neck thickness isn't as important as width for people with short fingers?
Quote by Xeros606
It's a Squier actually, and I'm looking to upgrade. I am looking to an SG Special but I hear Gibsons have really thick necks and if that's going to be detrimental to my playing, I'd rather get something with a thinner neck profile, like and Ibanez or something. But if a thinner neck profile won't help me, I'll just go for the Gibson.

To my experience, SG necks are pretty slim. Maybe not compared to an Ibanez or something, but a lot slimmer than the vintage Gibby necks.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
sg's have pretty thin necks in my opinion. my epihone is much thinner than my strat.

try a lot of guitars that feels different and just go with the one you like.

or just raise the guitar. I have the same problem you have. the guitar looks good low but makes me hurt after just one song.

but different guitars hang different on your body. my strat hangs lower than my sg but is just as good to play.

hope this makes sense
You should find the right neck for you, however, it's most likely your technique.

Shawn Lane had real real small fingers, and he played strats, Vigier, Ibanez, etc.

Johnny Hiland also has short small fingers and is legally blind and he plays PRS guitars, and they have thick necks (not as thick as a 50's Les Paul, mind you).
sometimes my wrist hurts bad when I play because I once broke my wrist, but it didn't broke completely so now it's all ****ed