SO I've had a dd-7 delay for a while and I've always just ****ed around with the nobs untill I was able to get the right rhythm.

I'm curious to know what footswitches will work with my pedal.

Would it be as easy as pluggin this guy in>

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wire-Solutions-LWS21-Universal-Latching-Footswitch-104208756-i1323844.gc

Do I just tap the rhythm I want and problem solved?
Quote by RockAddict311
SO I've had a dd-7 delay for a while and I've always just ****ed around with the nobs untill I was able to get the right rhythm.

I'm curious to know what footswitches will work with my pedal.

Would it be as easy as pluggin this guy in>

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wire-Solutions-LWS21-Universal-Latching-Footswitch-104208756-i1323844.gc

Do I just tap the rhythm I want and problem solved?

you need a momentary/nonlatching switch, like this.

a latching switch will not do anything. the footswitch option is there so you can use the tap tempo function. you wouldn't be able to tap the latching footswitch fast enough to get any good use out of it. you can also use an expression pedal to control the tempo
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Dec 16, 2009,
Well, Boss recommends/suggests buying their FS-5U pedal for that. Might be pricey tho, it's Boss afterall, and you probably could do with something cheaper.

And yes, the way I see it's done, it should be that easy.

(Btw, you can set the tap tempo on the DD-7 itself too you know. I'm sure you knew this but just wanted to point out that getting a footswitch for it might not be worth it, dunno...)
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
Quote by RockAddict311
Your kidding me right? There's nothing within 20 dollars?

you could try this, not sure if it'll work though. worth a shot for $10.

but remember : Quality comes at a price. don't be surprised if this cheaper footswitch breaks down in a year's time.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Dec 16, 2009,
there are various people who make them on the internet. better than the fs5 too because they're much smaller. alternatively, you could make one yourself. they are extremely simple to make and have a tiny component cost. the components themselves will probably be under $5, your biggest expense is an enclosure (and tools if you don't have them, you'll need a drill and a soldering iron).
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.