Page 1 of 12
Seriously, WTF world? America has a culture. Might not be as exotic as some places, but we got something.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

cry a little more, I don't think you look like a big enough child yet.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Not really. Just admit it, our country hasn't been around all that long. The only culture we have is being stupid and fat.

Quote by entity0009
I've never heard anyone say that
And this.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Our culture is basically just a bastardized conglomeration of all the filthy disgusting immigrants we're housing within our borders.
Quote by food1010
Not really. Just admit it, our country hasn't been around all that long. The only culture we have is being stupid and fat.

And we're unrivaled at it
Quote by sticksause
Seriously, WTF world? America has a culture. Might not be as exotic as some places, but we got something.

Because our culture is basically everybody else mashed together+Mc'Donald's.

Also I haven't heard anyone say that.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Last edited by The Charm at Dec 16, 2009,
Because America is a combination of other countries and their cultures. To quote my old (Chicago born) French teacher:

What's the difference between a yoghurt and America?
A yoghurt can grow it's own culture.

To clarify: People say American doesn't have a culture of it's own, which isn't the same as not having a culture at all which would essentially be impossible i'd imagine.
Last edited by aaciseric at Dec 16, 2009,
Quote by food1010

And this.

GEAR:

Jackson dk2m

Marshall jcm2000 dsl

Schecter omen6 diamond series

well you guys do have the NFL, i'll give you that. And Louisiana has some tasty food. depends were you go in the states
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by aaciseric
Because America is a combination of other countries and their cultures. To quote my old (Chicago born) French teacher:

+1
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
^^ I would say that's a pretty important piece of culture right there. People can bitch about whether it's good or not, but it's still culture.

Edti: Applies to above 2 posts.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Which place in America? Do you mean Brasil?

It's not that they're saying you don't have a culture, it's that your culture is fake, sold out and plastic.
Quote by aaciseric

+9875027592
The only culture that America has that isnt stolen from somewhere else is, football, and they couldn't even come up with an original name for it.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
We have a culture, it's just stupid and shallow compared to countries that have a thousand years of history built up.
Quote by genghisgandhi
We have (had) Robert Johnson, who basicaly invented the blues. And the blues pretty much invented modern music
While I realize that Jazz and Blues both originated in America, and I love the two genres, I still feel like the genres are culturally meaningless to America as a whole today.
-Chick Corea
I've never heard anybody say that america doesn't have a culture. And even saying that our culture is a mixture of other countries' is wrong. We invented blues, jazz, and baconaise, dammit!
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by genghisgandhi
We have (had) Robert Johnson, who basicaly invented the blues. And the blues pretty much invented modern music

The same blues which is a bastardisation of African music?
Edit:
Is that a shot from a film by the Italian Sergio Leone, filmed in Spain?
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Last edited by sg255 at Dec 16, 2009,
Quote by RU Experienced?
Our culture is basically just a bastardized conglomeration of all the filthy disgusting immigrants we're housing within our borders.

are you native indian?

i think USA does have culture in some parts. my favourite would have to be the 'experimentation' girls in college go through
It has it's own distinct culture. You'd have to be forcefully ignorant or just flat-out stupid not to see it. It fits the lives of some folks and doesn't for others. It doesn't have a history spanning several thousands of years, so the history isn't extremely deep. Some cling to it's short history, others have a distaste for it.

Since the US is also a melting-pot, it's difficult to determine where the US culture begins and and ends. Lot's of grey areas.
Quote by sg255
The same blues which is a bastardisation of African music?
Yes, but although it may have originated from Africans and through their descendants, it was developed into what we know it as today here in America.
-Chick Corea
Quote by Dirge Humani
Oh, without a doubt. Elvis just seemed like the natural transition from blues.

Dean Martin and Bing Crosby are pretty awesome too.

Not to mention we fucking run Blues & Jazz. Benny Golson, Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Terri Lyne Carrington, Robert Johnson, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, etc.