Hello all!
I'm buying a new wah pedal when on my birthday (the 23rd) as a little gift to myself. I have sort of narrowed down what I want to the Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah or the Morley Bad Horsie Wah.

Basically, my favorite styles of music to play are Metal (Pantera, Morbid Angel, Death, Slayer and Cannibal Corpse come to mind) and Rock (Clutch, Rage Against the Machine, Them Crooked Vultures, Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix come to mind here). Now, I have sort have figured out that the Hexdrix wah would be a bit better for the rock and funkier-type stuff and the Morley would handle my crushing gain a bit better, no? My questions would be (since I won't be able to try them first hand until my GC trip on Wednesday)...

A. Can the Hendrix handle my crushing gain and fast picking while still maintaining all of it's "body"? I know it will handle my Rage Against the Machine/Clutch-esque playing, but what about the Morbid Angel side of me?

B. Can the Morley handle my funky-az-hail playing, yo? I know that when I play some "Maze of Torment" it will do just fine as it's Trey Azagthoth's go-to wah, but when I'm bustin' out "One Nation Under a Groove" will it be "funkay?"?

Any help is appreciated. Reviews, opinions, etc are all welcome. Thanks UG!
You could always go for the Kirk Hammet signature wah, but I'm not sure what it's price is. To answer your question, the Hendrix crybaby wah is actually pretty good even with metal and high gain tones. But a Kirk Hammett wah will give you a better balance between the 2 styles of playing
hendrix will not be good for you. I would check the dimebag if you want a versitale wah
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
I play in a progressive/thrash/traditional metal band and use an original Crybaby. Its great. Its the most "natural" sounding wah you can get imo. I use a pretty high-gain lead channel and it sounds great! I would definitely go for the Crybaby. When you play them, make sure to play the plain Crybaby as well, cause you may end up liking it just as much as the Hendrix one, but its cheaper.
I have both, the hendrix and dime wah. ALthough I like both, the Hendrix is just a kick-ass wah. Just my opinion
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by subzero364
535q!

+1

The dime wah is very much just a 535Q with a fancy paintjob. Both are VERY versatile. But out of the two you listed...the Morley suits your playing styles better.
Thanks guys! I'm thinking of the Morley as of now... Any more recommendations?

Also, does anyone know which wah Trey Azagthoth uses? The Morley Bad Horsie I assume?

Which do you prefer, the 1 or the 2 (bad horsie)?
Last edited by Aggressivec at Dec 17, 2009,