i have recently seen a 1979 yamaha 335 classic advertised

its quite a good price , im just wondering if it is any good as my dad has a 12 string fg fron around the same year and it is one of the best guitars i have ever played
I have one of those guitars, from about that same year. It is very durable and sounds pretty good. It is a dreadnaught sized steel string. Mine has a spruce top and rosewood back and sides, with a bookend back. I think the fretboard is mahogany. Mine is made in Taiwan.

It should be a good value because it should cost well under $200 for a well made instrument.
The most you should be paying for that is maybe about... $100 or so. Low end Yamaha's are always pretty good for the price.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
its £149

the neck is really fat on my dads one , is it likely to be the same on this
I have a FG730s which was 300$, and it's a great guitar, the action is a bit high past the 8th fret, but I am going to get that adjusted, but wonderfully sounding guitar.
Gear:
Alvarez Classical Guitar(don't know much about it).
Yamaha FG730S
Agile AL-2000 Black Cherry
Fender 25R Frontman Series II Combo
Quote by s1874
its £149

the neck is really fat on my dads one , is it likely to be the same on this

Yes. It has to be because it's a 12-string. See if you can get the price down. 150GBP for a used, laminate guitar is a bit much.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by scfan919
I have a FG730s which was 300$, and it's a great guitar, the action is a bit high past the 8th fret, but I am going to get that adjusted, but wonderfully sounding guitar.

i can hardly play my dads 12 as the action is quite high, but it still sounds awsome

so if i can get a hold of the guy that is selling it, should i go for it?
I don't know what prices are like in your area but £149 is about $240 which would be too much in the US.

Try it out, see if you like it, see if you can negotiate a lower price if you like it.
Quote by rdsmith3
I don't know what prices are like in your area but £149 is about $240 which would be too much in the US.

Try it out, see if you like it, see if you can negotiate a lower price if you like it.

The thing is, its in wales and i live in edinburgh so its quite far for me to go to try ti