Ok, so I needed to record my own composition and burn it onto four CD's, and send it off before January 1st for a sort of competition. Well, at school, I was able to use one of the new Macs to record it with Garage Band. I simply hooked my Vypyr to the line in and recorded it. It did ok, as far as a first time recorder is concerned, but that isn't my problem. Today I went to burn it onto my CD's, but it didn't work or something. I put the CD in, and drug my project onto the CD and burned it there, like our teacher told me. I only had time for two of them, so the teacher told me I should be able to take it home and do the next two by ripping off the songs and reburning them.

So I got home and put the CD in (note that I have a new Dell with Windows 7 instead of a Mac), and tried to open it with Windows Media Player. It says an error occurred opening the file every time I tried it, on both disks. I have no clue how to open it if I can, and I'm not going to waste the time burning it if the judges can't open the file, either.

Any help or suggestions?

Oh yeah, if I can't figure it out today or tomorrow, I should be able to take it to school on Friday to burn the next two, and possibly get some help, but I figured since I don't HAVE to go to school those two days (half day open-campus semester test days, that I'm exempt from), I'll save time getting answers here.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
My guess is you burnt it as a data disk. Mac and windows use different file systems. You need to burn it as an audio CD for it to be playable in a cd player or on a computer. If you take the disk back to school and a mac will read it then what i just mentioned is your problem.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by TechnoLp
My guess is you burnt it as a data disk. Mac and windows use different file systems. You need to burn it as an audio CD for it to be playable in a cd player or on a computer. If you take the disk back to school and a mac will read it then what i just mentioned is your problem.

Allright, if that is the problem, how would I go about doing this?
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
did you actually export an mp3 or wav from garageband?

or did you just burn the project file onto the cd? cos thats not gonna work for you
Quote by TheDriller
did you actually export an mp3 or wav from garageband?

or did you just burn the project file onto the cd? cos thats not gonna work for you

I'm pretty sure it was the project file, which, now that I think about it, that's a good reason not to work.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156