will this amp give some great tones at looowww volume? i like classic rock and some blues.
i live in an aptment and need something to that effect.
Heyyy there , i tried one of these and usually prefer quite a low amount of gain (just enough that it starts to break up or maybe a tiny bit more) and i can say this amp was bloody amazing , I tried the orange tiny terror aswell but I preferred this one (price and tone won it for me) it ha 3 watt settings , generally for practice you're probably gonna want it on either 1/4 of a watt or 1 watt, (you'd be suprised how loud a 4 watt tube amp goes). Highly recommend it though , im getting one after christmas
You are better of getting the Vox AD30VT then, MUCH better tones.

And it has a wattage control knob in the back. So you still crank your amp fully, only because the energy going into the amp is lower it doesn't have to be loud
Quote by redsoxfan2
will this amp give some great tones at looowww volume? i like classic rock and some blues.
i live in an aptment and need something to that effect.

the 1/4 watt feature really quiets the amp down. it shouldn't be bad at all.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
its not a loooooooooooooooooow volume by any means, but it's not loud by any means either
Quote by Antis0cial

And it has a wattage control knob in the back. So you still crank your amp fully, only because the energy going into the amp is lower it doesn't have to be loud

i have an Egnater Rebel30 and it has a wattage knob down to one watt but to get nice tone it has to be too loud so that is why im looking for a low watt amp.im hoping the Vox is my ticket to bliss!!!
Quote by Antis0cial

WTF?

Seriously get the vox ac4tv you won't regret it, I was playing some great sounding rocky stuff earlier.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
It should work for you. Do try one yourself though because it is too loud for some people even at 1/4 watt.
I own the combo and yes at 1/4 there is a bit more compression but still great tones.
I own a EHX big muff and only use it for grunge or some time for solos.

I've owned a MG, blues junior, VT15 before and this amp is by far my favourite because of the British voice and overdrive.

On the other hand, I like simple amps. I own a 7-band EQ and I really suggest you getting one with the amp.