Can you guys please help me out? Recently, I've got a lot worse at picking. Before I play something, my hand just stalls. When I do play it, it just doesn't go on time, anymore. I think it is a psychological thing. Any advice to help out on this?
do u put ur pinky down as a reference? jus put it below the hi e so u always kno where each string is. it made me terrible at picking at first but ive been doin it all the time when i play for the last week and its cleaned up my playing a lot
If it is a phychological thing like you said maybe you have little confidence in yourself. Try it at a slower speed untill your comfortable at picking the pattern(or whatever it is you are trying). After a while you'll be back up to scratch!
lay off the coke, bro
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Quote by blrhoover
Can you guys please help me out? Recently, I've got a lot worse at picking. Before I play something, my hand just stalls. When I do play it, it just doesn't go on time, anymore. I think it is a psychological thing. Any advice to help out on this?

Just relax before you play, lay down for half an hour or something, drink a can of beer! As long as you are relaxed then you should be able to play, I get the same thing sometimes where I just can't pick in time, when I normally would be able to. I only get this after I've been recording for hours and I need a break from it.
Quote by Josher.K
lay off the coke, bro

Thatll jus screw u up worse, U GASTA LIVE LIKE A ROCKSTAR!!!
Mental blocks do form, and what you're gonna have to do is no different than what you'll always have to do. Slow down a helluva lot, play at very slow comfortable speeds with as perfect/ideal technique as you can get, then work your way up with the knowledge that you DO have the control to pick well (I don't know this, just going off of what you said), and you just need to get back into the groove of things.

Attempt some top speeds here and there to keep mental blocks from worsening, but other than that keep on with the slow speeds.