will it fit and what is F spacing? Is it the spaces between your strings, im assuming it has to do with where the metal dots are on the pick up. i dont really know what im talking about but i just want to put the X2n in my guitar b/c i love Chuck and i cant afford his guitar so i was gonna try to make mine sound like his.... lemme know thanks
F Spacing is for Floyd rose spacing I believe. Though the X2N i think just has the straight pole piece thing instead of metal dots.

from the dimarzio site:
What is F-spacing? All of our full-size humbuckers except the X2N® are available in two polepiece spacings. F-spacing refers to the wider of the two spacings. For proper string alignment and balanced output, F-spaced humbuckers should be used in the bridge position on all guitars with string spacing at the bridge of 2.1" (53 mm) or greater. On these guitars, if the nut width is 1-11/16” (43 mm) or greater, F-spaced pickups can be used in the neck position as well.
Last edited by CapnKickass at Dec 16, 2009,
well i have no flloyd rose stuff so... dont buy it? but maybe if its just the metal pole peice it will pick up my not so F spaced strings?
ok well now that i know that it works... how hard is it to put it in myself would you say..
I haven't replaced any of mine yet, so I can't really say. If you can solder decently then you can probably do it as long as you plan it out.
if you can operate a screwdriver and a soldering iron, you should be able to do it yourself.
however, depending on your amp, you might not have much effect on your tone.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by Clayd6287
well i have no flloyd rose stuff so... dont buy it? but maybe if its just the metal pole peice it will pick up my not so F spaced strings?

It doesn't matter with the X2N because it has blades instead of pole pieces, so no matter what your bridge spacing is, it will pick it up well.
Quote by metal-matt
if you can operate a screwdriver and a soldering iron, you should be able to do it yourself.
however, depending on your amp, you might not have much effect on your tone.

The X2N is the exception to that rule, matt You can tell the difference between my old EMG HZ H-4 and my D Activator X (based on the X2N and D Activator) on my Ibanez Tone Blaster. And it's a great difference!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Dec 17, 2009,
ohh, well i fig'ed if you throw a (very) high output pickup (like the X2N) and used it on a SS amp, that the sound would be worse... but yeah i guess...

though i have noticed that my LTD is hotter than my (bronze) b.c r. and the differance is noticable on my peavey 15 rage... SS...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
In my Edwards through my Ibby, the D Activator X is ALMOST pure Chuck Schuldiner
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
If you want to use passive pickups in a hell raiser you need to make a bridge ground. I used a skinny screw driver and tapped it through the hole that the bridge is located, and that hole connected the wiring cavity to the bridge as a ground.

But otherwise, the emg's were good in my hellraiser, but now that I have some hot passive pickups in there; the tone is enormous.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel