Well, basically, I took this guitar home from school to see if I could fix it. It was hardly a difficult job, I only had to put a saddle in for the bridge off my old Strat copy. But the guitar just sounds too nice, and plays too good for me to give it back, so I'm not sure if I will or not. It's not in the best shape ever either, with lots of scratches and dings, but it's a school guitar, so who can blame 'em?

Well ladies and gents, I present to you, a Yamaha Pacifica 102S!

It's a really nice guitar, and I haven't really seen a Yamaha Pacifica Tele copy before either. Plus it's got some nice specs, I mean an alder body? That's cool. Oh and before I forget, I forgot to make a NGD for this guitar. About a month ago or whenever, I went into town just gonna try some guitars, and I was dead set on buying a Tele Deluxe, but I ended up coming home with this beast:

It's an MIK Tokai Firebird, in gold! I've never seen one in gold before, and I've looked all over the web, and I can't find one, so I'm not really sure if it's just a one off or not. It's not a refin either, cause you can still see the 'Made in Korea' writing on the back of it. It's an amazing guitar, the mini humbuckers sound amazing, and although the necks a little bit too wide for me, it just feels like one of those guitars made for me

(Oh, and sorry for the craptastic photos, I had to take them with my little netbooks camera, so it was really awkward and horrible)
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Awesome guitars!!
"The difference between a man who has six children and a man who has six guitars? The man with six children KNOWS he has enough!"

AC/DC Rule and You know it!
I think that Yamaha is particularly interesting, I've never seen one like that either o.O So you've successfully jacked it? Nice work on the MiK Tokai too, what year is it?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
I think that Yamaha is particularly interesting, I've never seen one like that either o.O So you've successfully jacked it? Nice work on the MiK Tokai too, what year is it?

I think I've probably got it, the school never uses it anymore and I'm pretty sure they'll forget about it as well. It sounds amazing too, and plays great after a little work, so not really bad for a free guitar

And I'm not sure what year the Tokai is either. It hasn't got a serial number, and there's nothing else to give some clues. But the guitar is actually in mint condition and everything, it even still had the plastic over the pickups and the pickguard. I still haven't seen another one in gold, so I'm kinda hoping it's a one off thing
Cam Sampbell's my hero
It's certainly a unique looking Tokai. How much did it set you back? Quite fancy it myself.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by Kurapica
It's certainly a unique looking Tokai. How much did it set you back? Quite fancy it myself.

£390. Probably more than it's worth I guess, but it was worth it for me. Plus, I got £110 knocked off by paying cash, so I suppose that's good I would get sound clips up, but I don't have anything to record it with.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Sometimes it's worth payin a little more to have something a bit special. I've never seen anyone with a Swing for example. Love that Tokai though, very very cool. What's the tone like?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by Kurapica
Sometimes it's worth payin a little more to have something a bit special. I've never seen anyone with a Swing for example. Love that Tokai though, very very cool. What's the tone like?

Really nice actually. I've never been a fan of full humbuckers to be honest, but the mini humbuckers on this are really good; they're clear, bright and clean off nicely when you take the volume down on it. I suppose the only thing I'm not too keen on is when you're on clean and on the bridge pickup, it's a bit lifeless, but I don't really like bridge pickups on clean that much. I just need to get myself a decent reverb pedal, and I'll be all set
Cam Sampbell's my hero
That's true enough. The only bridge pickups on clean worth bothering with are generally low output single coils, IMO. Congrats again though, it's a great buy. Would love to see some higher quality photos if you can, too.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

i don't think it's a one-off, i tried a gold MIK tokai firebird in a shop once, too. Might be an older model, or something like that. It's a couple of years since i tried it, and it was second-hand, as far as i remember.

nice yamaha, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?