I have run into a bit of a problem, i found some great inspiration by listening to my long lost metal archive, but i cant seem to tab what im comming up with,

is there any sort of thing i can do besides record what im playing for later
SlappyMcGee don't you fail.
Write it in Guitar pro ;D
"The difference between a man who has six children and a man who has six guitars? The man with six children KNOWS he has enough!"

AC/DC Rule and You know it!
Quote by bleeditout
Write it in Guitar pro ;D

...i have been using GP and power tab, but i play at such an awkward speed and what not i cant tab the triplets and what not.
with all the technologies i think they would have made a program to read MP3s and tab the sound?
only options really are to tab it, record it (some recorders are like $20, really cheap and a good investment), or to remember it
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
Quote by Mangohabs
...great post

Quote by Headphonehead
@ Cobracarg: 1 word:Genius!!!
Ok can we stop sucking this dudes dick and deal with my question?
well besides record or writing it down the only way i could think of is to remember i always write them down because i have a terrible memory
Quote by lexmarkkiller

with all the technologies i think they would have made a program to read MP3s and tab the sound?

Well they don't.
write it down on a peice of paper bit by bit as your playing the riff/song

if you want to later you can you the paper type it to GP/PT

PT takes some knowledge of music theory to use correctly and easyly as well, im guessing GP does aswell. if you dont know mutch theory and are struggling then i wouldnt bother, you should learn some anyway, its good for you =D
Quote by AA00P
Well they don't.

i like your style.
i will continue to record on my PC then untill i can get a better way to tab
Quote by lexmarkkiller
i like your style.
i will continue to record on my PC then untill i can get a better way to tab

if you get some parts recorded send the mp3's my way and tell me what tuning u are using and I can tab it for you.

Most likely you are playing in a diff. time sig. other than 4/4, that or you're playing in half time (triplets).
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."
Video yourself play aim camera at guitar..... and if you forget how to play watch video
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.