Did John Lennon sing and play the Lead guitar parts also?
my friend is going on and on about how the beatles are very technically talented.

It makes sense to me if lennon sang and played the easier parts, but my friend insists he played lead while simultaneously singing.
so wat really goes on in that song?
if he played lead then re-recorded the vocals i can understand
If I recall correctly, George Harrison was usually the lead guitarist. I think John mostly played rhythm.
Quote by continental
If I recall correctly, George Harrison was usually the lead guitarist. I think John mostly played rhythm.

Towards the end of the career, John took over a bunch of the lead guitar parts. Im not sure about this song, but TS, theres plenty of songs where John plays lead and sings
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Lennon has played lead in songs before, as well as singing. I'm pretty sure on a few songs from the later albums that he has.
Dig A Pony Im positive he did

No he didn't.

But he's still a good musician.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
No he didn't.

Ah f*ck I looked it up and I was wrong. I'm thinking of another song that was on Let It Be... *slaps head*

EDIT: It was Get Back. He didn't sing on it though.
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Dec 16, 2009,
He played lead more often on the later albums, but I think George played lead on Revolution. Unless you're talking about Revolution 1 or the waste of a good 7 minutes called Revolution 9.
Yes he did (live anyway)
After Harrison briefly quit the group, John took over lead, and George didnt get the position back.
In the studio, im not sure who did what (paul played lead on some), but live Lennon does it.
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Lennon has played lead in songs before, as well as singing. I'm pretty sure on a few songs from the later albums that he has.
Dig A Pony Im positive he did

did he do it live?
and i think my main thing is that he, while singin, would never play anything like a solo or something. like, some lead guitar parts harmonize with the vocals and that is easy to do. i mean like did he ever do anything like james hetfield does? not the same style obviously but you know
Quote by herrotim
did he do it live?
and i think my main thing is that he, while singin, would never play anything like a solo or something. like, some lead guitar parts harmonize with the vocals and that is easy to do. i mean like did he ever do anything like james hetfield does? not the same style obviously but you know

He could play piano and sing, I'm sure if it fit the music he'd play lead and sing too.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
He could play piano and sing, I'm sure if it fit the music he'd play lead and sing too.[/QUOTE]

exactly wat i was thinkin....
Quote by herrotim
did he do it live?

No, Bill O'Reilly did it live.
A lot of people can do that, though. Very very big amounts of practice and you can, too. It's very hard though.
here it is... probally against the rules, but I have to prove meself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzCjGgrewYY
yes its the studio version over a live video, but you can still see lennon doing the leads
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals