Page 1 of 3
I've been saving this NAD up for a few weeks now, for the day when this amp officially became mine... today is that day, the last payment just went in, and its now officially mine. enjoy

well it's obviously a vox... but what kind?

can't wait to see that beautiful black tol- but wait... is that wood?
(Invalid img)

lets see the back of this thing. hmm, two blue backs eh? wow, it's an ac30, but this one is...different. this one must be something special.

the control panel is pretty sparse compared to other AC30s, no reverb, no master volume...

o wait! I know what this is! it's a vox AC30H2l! a very limited 50th anniversary run of handwired, hand built, ac30s made of African Mahogany. 1 of a very limited set of 500.

It is ball quaking loud, and capable of both sparkling, shimmering clean, and snorting, firebreathing overdrive with the turn of a knob.

IMO, the best sounding amp on earth, with the best sounding guitar on earth.
(excuse the flash glare)
(Invalid img)

video of it in action at a gig upcoming friday.

(yes we take christmas pretty seriously at my house)

retail price: $3200
price paid: $2600
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 16, 2009,
seeing as you are in sydney, they had one of those sitting in gallans on parra rd. is that where you got it from? i was tempted to get it a while back but i went up the road and got myself a matchless from jacksons rare guitars instead. i must say it looks so much nicer in person then in the photos.

HNAD. this one is a good one.
Holy Jesus. Super hawt!

HNAD!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
That's beautiful! Happy new amp day! I love Vox amps, and this is just making me want an AC30 even more than I already did!
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Quote by joe_k
seeing as you are in sydney, they had one of those sitting in gallans on parra rd. is that where you got it from? i was tempted to get it a while back but i went up the road and got myself a matchless from jacksons rare guitars instead. i must say it looks so much nicer in person then in the photos.

HNAD. this one is a good one.

im actually in Canada lol, my location is the dentist's address from Finding Nemo
You lucky son of a bitch.
I think I shit myself.
Cherish it, man. It's your child.
Nice ac30. I see you respect wood.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
I'm more of a fender man myself, but that is BEAUTIFUL. HNAD!!
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
dude.....#$&$#%REGDGSE$%"#$%WRE ehehehehe
HNAD I love ac30's...one of the best amps ever made. Happy wedding night for You guys
Wow, I can honestly say that if I had that rig I would agree with casionepiphone about 'pure tone.' That must sound incredible. Congrats.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Wow, I can honestly say that if I had that rig I would agree with casionepiphone about 'pure tone.' That must sound incredible. Congrats.

the best way it can be described is "pure". it's sound is very much a "vowel" sound if you know what i mean. very warm, open and airy. "woody" in a way.
I forgot to ask, what model of Les Paul is that?
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Quote by Hesh_09
I forgot to ask, what model of Les Paul is that?

2004 les paul standard in a colour that i have yet to determine. i believe the colour may be a factory "error". it is indeed a glorious error
Quote by StringAssassin
Damn Canadians and their nice things.
HNAD! Can't wait for those clips.

the only thing i'm worried about is that the clips are going to be taken from a handheld camera by a friend. My band is doing 2 covers for our christmas show, Moby Dick and Stairway To Heaven, so i'm cranking the amp. like i said, its loud enough to get your balls vibrating, so i hope the camera picks it up decently.
Gorgeous Absolutely beautiful. HNAD.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Oh wow.

That is amazing. Gorgeous.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
HOLY. CRAP.

that thing is freaking gorgeous. HNAD!!!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Congratulations Mr. Shinysides. This looks to be a hell of an amp. Ill wait for the video to come up.
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
When I saw the lack of knobs, I thought it was the Brian May Signature
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
When I saw the lack of knobs, I thought it was the Brian May Signature

that thing only has 1 lol. mine is a Road King compared to the brian may sig
Quote by Rhoads_1096
HNAD
That amp is awesome, and I have the same fireplace as you.

I lol'ed at this

and HNAD, I have the head version,well, the regular handwired head, not the African mohagany...
and they are beautiful sounding amps, clean as can be
*drools over keyboard* that thing is gorgeous, and i can only guess about the sound

I salute you Lieutenant, and HNAD
Quote by eberg2

and they are beautiful sounding amps, clean as can be

this was the selling point for me. I was in no way prepared to spend this amount of money on an amp (thus why i had to finance), but that shimmery clean just drew me in. then i got to crank it... holy ****
OH GAWD

that amp looks incredible, i bet it sounds great. and the guitar is also amazing looking. makes me realize I need to get a job
Page 1 of 3