I was on craigslist and I found this guitar for $250. The guy said its a Rik Emmett model dean v I know these are real expensive, but could this really be it?

The guy lives about 2 hours away but if this is worth it i'll go there, but I would try it out b4 i buy it to make sure it plays good...
Attachments:
rik 1.jpg
rik 2.jpg
rik 3.jpg
one way to tell: ask him for a snapshot of the serial number, then get confirmation
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
It looks similar, but the output jack is on the treble point of the V, not the bass side like it should be.

http://www.deanguitars.com/dean_winter_07/rik_emmett_sig.htm

Now, bear in mind that link takes you to a limited-edition custom shop sig, and it's possible Dean did a less-exclusive production run as well. That would explain why they wouldn't have bothered to route for the jack on the bass side; most Vs have the jack on the treble side, so it would have been cheaper to use an existing template.

Slash_rocks is absolutely right; Slash rocks. He's two for two in that you should run the serial number by Dean to check authenticity, and due diligence is key. But since the guy's asking $250, chances are it will be a decent guitar for the price anyway (maybe not custom shop limited-run hand-signed decent, but cool nonetheless).

Good luck!
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it is a Dean White/Gold V, so I'm gonna check it out. Even the its not the rik emmett, it still looks pretty neat